2016-18 PIU FORScan Mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-18 PIU FORScan Mods

At the risk of sounding argumentative, auto lock & unlock does not work correctly, even if enabled on PIU. I'd like to have that...but it must be turned on with every re-start...

(To that end, Forscan shows an option of adding the auto windows up and down with the key fob...but this also doesn't work in the PIU)

Remote start settings may be enabled in the IPC...but r/s ill not function without an aftermarket solution to turn it on.

Keyless entry is already in the truck...but the fobs must be enabled via IDS to function.

I have a '16 PIU and have gotten familiar with them. I have installed via Forscan and some hardware, auto headlights, intelligent AWD gauge, park lights flash with lock, horn honk with second lock press, disabled DRLs....and I'm sure some other things I'm forgetting...
I have enabled RKE and auto-lock/unlock for a PIU before. You may want to double-check your BCM settings. Some police features such as the police rear door will need to be disabled for this to work properly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have enabled RKE and auto-lock/unlock for a PIU before. You may want to double-check your BCM settings. Some police features such as the police rear door will need to be disabled for this to work properly.
I'll check it out. I never tried to enable auto lock as I read too many times that it won't work, unless reset every start in the IPC.

Police rear door? do you mean the hatch or the rear passenger doors? The rear passenger door controls are disabled with hardware and easily reversed.

I'll check it out. I never tried to enable auto lock as I read too many times that it won't work, unless reset every start in the IPC.

Police rear door? do you mean the hatch or the rear passenger doors? The rear passenger door controls are disabled with hardware and easily reversed.
I'll double check my notes as its been about 4-5 years but the settings enabled by default on PIUs was called 'Police Rear Door' - I assume it's the hatch but also changes the way locking works.

Someone needs to change the title of this to Forscan RKE and remote start discussion. I came here looking for mods but was very disappointed.🤷🏻‍♂️

Someone needs to change the title of this to Forscan RKE and remote start discussion. I came here looking for mods but was very disappointed.🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks for joining, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The 'Search' feature can help find certain items. For example, I searched on FORSCan RKE and came up with 13 different posts discussing that.
Here is just one of them. 2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Peter

And

To program the key fob, would be the same switch ACC on and off 7 times on 8th keep on locks cycle and programed?
Doesn't work on 16 up piu dealer only about $170 for two fobs and programming

Hey guys,

A while back I had a 2015 PIU and successfully made a bunch of mods using an OBD connector and FORScan installed on my laptop.
Including: AWD Display, RKE, Dark Car etc.

I am buying a 2016 PIU now, which to my understanding is the next generation and after spending hours and hours on the forums reading through the threads realized that things will not be as simple on this one as the previous gen.

I would like to confirm: If I purchase a hood switch and a FOB (GB5Z-15K601-C or Amazon product ASIN B0184O6PFW) and change the code in FORscan will that allow keyless entry as well as Remote start? or will i have to play around with aftermarket stuff?

will all the the other changes I had in my 2015 work in the newer gen?

Is there an updated comprehensive FORscan code list available for the 2016-18 PIU?

Thanks
Hey happy to see you go to a 2016.
I have a question about your 2015 if you can help me. How did you accomplish placing AWD display on?

Back