2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Brings me to another option. Surveillance mode. This still a thing on the ford police vehicles? IF so how does that get turned on. Or is there a bunch of kits that need to be installed

THIS! I have two cars coming in that want surveillance mode - like the Tahoes have that will dim the dashboard with a push of a button. Anybody have an info on this? I was told the feature is called "Police Silent Mode" for Ford and is apparently controlled through the IPC.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dark Car/Silent Mode/Courtesy Lamp Disable
720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx this allows control in IPC menu (I believe this only works with PIU/base IPC)
726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx activates the option
726-58-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx - IPC menu will toggle this from 1 enabled to 0 disabled (or you can set it yourself to enable feature if your IPC doesn't support the menu option)

Looks like now you have to modify BOTH BCM (726-XX-XX) strings in order to get Dark Car to work on 2019s (Possibly other MYs as well) without using the IPC menu edit. I don't remember having this problem before and the spreadsheet that is linked in the tutorial only has the 726-32-01 string referenced.

Dark car works fine on my 17. Even have an option in the vehicle lighting menu called silent mode? i think. Does just this
Surveillance mode is the thing that uses the parking sensors and will roll up the windows, lock the doors and turn on the reverse lights when someone sets off a sensor. Have to have the very expensive module for that thing to work

Looks like now you have to modify BOTH BCM (726-XX-XX) strings in order to get Dark Car to work on 2019s (Possibly other MYs as well) without using the IPC menu edit. I don't remember having this problem before and the spreadsheet that is linked in the tutorial only has the 726-32-01 string referenced.
There are lots of spreadsheets with incomplete and wrong info. Both of mine required both bcm mods to work. I have done a few others and haven't gotten one to work without making both edits. That's why I created this separate thread for 16-18 Pius. As always, YMMV.

Figured out the secure idle option. Parts on order and once they come in will see if its working on the 2017 PIU
Did you get police idle working? With forscan?

Exactly, I mean worst case scenario is you end up basically with DRLs + taillights like what's going on with me. And that ain't bad.
Well apparently I got the same result as you. Finally got the correct switch from the dealer and now the headlights still come on even with the sun load sensor present.

Did you get police idle working? With forscan?

Didnt try it via Forscan. Used IDS to enable it.
I'll try Forscan and see if i can disable it tomorrow and then reenable

Well apparently I got the same result as you. Finally got the correct switch from the dealer and now the headlights still come on even with the sun load sensor present.

So, after TWO YEARS of trying, I finally got auto headlamps to work correctly on my PIU. That's after neither our local police vehicle upfitter, nor our local Ford dealer could do it. And it took less than a minute, without writing any Forscan addresses. I believe the key was the latest Forscan update, wherein there is now under the BCM configuration menu a setting for "ambient light sensor". I don't think that setting was there before. When I hooked the car up this time, it showed the sensor disabled. I switched it to "enable", hit "write", and now my auto headlights work handsomely. So, for those who have tried before, provided you have the correct switch and sensor, make sure you update your Forscan. Should work!

So, after TWO YEARS of trying, I finally got auto headlamps to work correctly on my PIU. That's after neither our local police vehicle upfitter, nor our local Ford dealer could do it. And it took less than a minute, without writing any Forscan addresses. I believe the key was the latest Forscan update, wherein there is now under the BCM configuration menu a setting for "ambient light sensor". I don't think that setting was there before. When I hooked the car up this time, it showed the sensor disabled. I switched it to "enable", hit "write", and now my auto headlights work handsomely. So, for those who have tried before, provided you have the correct switch and sensor, make sure you update your Forscan. Should work!
Woohoo!

Glad I track the threads! Just updated ForScan as well. Tried it. Boom. Works!

Nice Catch!

Woohoo!

Glad I track the threads! Just updated ForScan as well. Tried it. Boom. Works!

Nice Catch!

The interesting thing is that my Taurus (which is also a 2017) has BOTH an auto headlamp function and an ambient light sensor dropdowns in ForScan, but the PIU only seems to have the sensor. That may be because the Taurus came with auto headlamps originally.

Needed to bump this old thread, has anyone using Forscan on the PIU's had success turning off the DRL's?

This is for a 2018 PIU, I know the electrical architecture changed a bit in 2016/17

Needed to bump this old thread, has anyone using Forscan on the PIU's had success turning off the DRL's?

This is for a 2018 PIU, I know the electrical architecture changed a bit in 2016/17
I think Dark Mode turns off DRLs but Silent Mode keeps it on...

FYI for those that have a Platinum but want the Silent Mode feature even though the Platinum IPC doesn't support it.. If you have Sync 3.4 (and an updated APIM firmware) you can enable Centerstack Settings and Silent Mode on Sync and this will allow you to turn it on and off from the Sync Vehicle Settings. I have also found that the settings for Remote Start, Windows, Locks, and Mirrors all work on my 2016 Platinum.
66283764526__70E9B093-B54C-4842-B185-84678472C8CC.jpg

Anyone know how to enable Bluetooth? I just got a 2018 Interceptor Utility and the agency that owned it before be disabled it for some reason. All the hardware is there (mic, buttons, etc...) but I can't pull it up in the options to sync my phone.

Anyone know how to enable Bluetooth? I just got a 2018 Interceptor Utility and the agency that owned it before be disabled it for some reason. All the hardware is there (mic, buttons, etc...) but I can't pull it up in the options to sync my phone.
make a new thread and drop the linky. I think mine got disabled on a 2017 too

make a new thread and drop the linky. I think mine got disabled on a 2017 too

Post your 2016-18 Police Utility Forscan settings here.

Enable RKE
720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xCxx - RKE menu in IPC
726-38-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-41-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx
This is just to enable the full RKE functionality on the vehicle - There are 2 different fobs for 16+ PIUs (blue button for hatch or red button for panic - about $30-40 each) and in order to get the fobs to work, they will need to be programmed to the vehicle in IDS (check with your local dealer for cost).

Liftgate
726-37-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx Police Rear Door Config - enable overhead liftgate button/timer
726-37-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx liftgate will lock/unlock with door locks - disables overhead liftgate button and liftgate timer

Seatbelt minder
720-01-01 xxxx xx6x xxxx both on
_________xxxx xx2x xxxx driver off
_________xxxx xx4x xxxx passenger off
_________xxxx xx0x xxxx both off

AWD gauge cluster
720-01-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

Dark Car/Silent Mode/Courtesy Lamp Disable
720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx this allows control in IPC menu (I believe this only works with PIU/base IPC)
726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx activates the option
726-58-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx - IPC menu will toggle this from 1 enabled to 0 disabled (or you can set it yourself to enable feature if your IPC doesn't support the menu option)

Turn signal flashes - Partial list below - more available elsewhere if you want different # of flashes
724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx 3 flashes
_________xxxx x8xx xx 4 flashes
_________xxxx xAxx xx 5 flashes

DRL
?

horn feedback on locking
726-38-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx enable
_________xxx0 xxxx xxxx disable

light feedback on locking
726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx enable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx1 xxxx enable

726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x0xx disable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx0 xxxx disable

disable key left in ignition warning chime
720-02-01 xx#x xxxx xxxx disable (subtract 8 from your current value for #)

12v powerpoint timeout
726-39-01 #### xxxx xxxx - #### is hex value for time on (ex. 1194 = 1hr 15 min, 012C = 5 min, 0001 = on/off with vehicle)

Right half of IPC display can show AUX switch status or vehicle image
720-04-02 xxxx 6xxx display AUX switch status
720-04-02 xxxx 4xxx display vehicle image

Disclaimer - this information is being provided for educational/entertainment purposes only - use it at your own risk
Hi KayGee.
Just a quick question, do you know if these parimeters will work with a 2023 Ford Explorer Interceptor? Im having a difficult time getting the hatch to open with the button on the tailgate. It doesnt respond to anything.

Hi All,
Im new at this forum . I have a 2023 Ford Explorer, Interceptor. Police version. Need help with the hatch release function. Doesn't work. I've tried FORscan but that's new as well and I'm skeptical on making unknown changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi KayGee.
Just a quick question, do you know if these parimeters will work with a 2023 Ford Explorer Interceptor? Im having a difficult time getting the hatch to open with the button on the tailgate. It doesnt respond to anything.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on June 29, 2020, so may not be around any longer.
Is this a power liftgate or a manual one?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on June 29, 2020, so may not be around any longer.
Is this a power liftgate or a manual one?

Peter
Manual one.

Back