• Register Today It's free!

2016 Air Conditioning Subframe

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
The Ford dealer has had my '16 Explorer since (6/19/2018) because the air conditioning was blowing hot when I needed cold. Blower was working fine, but there was a loud osculating hissing noise coming from inside the dash. It was a hot week in Chicago.

I got an update today (6/28/2018): They have had the part for three days and can't finish the repair because they need to drop the subframe to change an A/C line.

Should I be worried about what is going on at my Ford Service Center?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apparently the lines A/C lines are not an easy item to replace and it can be very expensive. Are you still under warranty? A/C Line Leak

Peter

I have the 96 month / 150,000 mile $0 deductible PremiumCare ESP that I purchased from Joel at Two Rivers Ford, thanks to the advise of this forum. :thumbsup:

I will be sure to post of picture of this costly repair order.

A/C is blowing cold again! Very cold :thumbsup:

Repair order only says WARRANTY and 0.00 in the cost column. They didn't even list how many hours labor it took the tech. All I know is they used parts FB5Z-19867-A described as TUBE AS and YN-19 which is described as REFRIGE.

I'll never know how much I saved with my ESP. :(

Good deal.. the AC line you posted lists for $190 but at $120+/- an hour, I wouldnt be surprised that this was well over $1,000 after labor.

Good deal.. the AC line you posted lists for $190 but at $120+/- an hour, I wouldnt be surprised that this was well over $1,000 after labor.
Currently $114.52 at AutoNation Ford in case you have to pay for it yourself.:)

Peter

Currently $114.52 at AutoNation Ford in case you have to pay for it yourself.:)

Peter

Lol, yes, that's where I looked it up but being dealer repair, it would be msrp.

Back