• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2016 Ex Interceptor Police Lighting

PDExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Xsport, 12 Mustang GT
Any better pics of the rear area, left and right, without the molding and trim? I usually like to cheat when running wires in my car and this is a nice sneak peek behind there lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Its a great idea but when several agencies tested it the GPS probes were not holding on the badguys car. Im not sure if they updated this or not. They need to be non removable so badguy does not pull into an underground lot and throw it away.

Is it magnetic? Wouldn't work on those aluminum body cars.

jade97

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport & 2018 Edge
Any better pics of the rear area, left and right, without the molding and trim? I usually like to cheat when running wires in my car and this is a nice sneak peek behind there lol

This would be great...I'm trying to run a cb coax from above the DS taillamp (Firestik door jamb mount) into the inside of the vehicle to the DS lower dash area. I want to limit drilling into the vehicle and I only have 18 ft of cable, with the ends already mounted.

I cannot run it up by the hinges because that grommet is already filled with the power liftgate harness.

NickyB

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Interceptor the Same as a sport as far as set up?

I am an on-call fire fighter and am looking to mount my siren. I know you have a Police Interceptor and mounted your siren using Whelen's SAK44 bracket. Do you know if the civilian trims will also be the same set-up to use this bracket. I looked up "Alarm" like someone stated but am somewhat confused. My car is obvs going to have the factor alarm installed, is that where the OEM alarm speaker would be where the siren speaker would have to go? If that doesn't make sense please let me know and I would be happy to clarify. I also have a second question and that is where is the best spot to get through the fire wall?

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
I am an on-call fire fighter and am looking to mount my siren. I know you have a Police Interceptor and mounted your siren using Whelen's SAK44 bracket. Do you know if the civilian trims will also be the same set-up to use this bracket. I looked up "Alarm" like someone stated but am somewhat confused. My car is obvs going to have the factor alarm installed, is that where the OEM alarm speaker would be where the siren speaker would have to go? If that doesn't make sense please let me know and I would be happy to clarify. I also have a second question and that is where is the best spot to get through the fire wall?

Download the Upfitters Guide at www.fordpoliceinterceptor.com

It speaks to the OEM access through the firewall behind the glovebox.

Might also help you with your speaker mount.

NickyB

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Download the Upfitters Guide at www.fordpoliceinterceptor.com

It speaks to the OEM access through the firewall behind the glovebox.

Might also help you with your speaker mount.

Thanks, I just checked that out, I'm a little nervous about disconnecting an airbag, something I've never done before, but I'll at least check that out. Thanks! Didn't find anything about the mount location of the speaker though.

Nick

asull85

The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Thanks, I just checked that out, I'm a little nervous about disconnecting an airbag, something I've never done before, but I'll at least check that out. Thanks! Didn't find anything about the mount location of the speaker though.

Nick

Disconnect the battery before you do.