2016 Explorer Front End Wiring/Plug Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Front End Wiring/Plug Help

Mope

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Well, here's my introduction and what's probably a stupid question (or, at least, a problem of my own making).

Picked up a 2016 Explorer Limited with an impact to lower driver front end - the AC condenser and Radiator held, but were bent and the core support on that side was broken. I disassembled the front end, replaced both AC/Rad and got a new core support.
Everything went back together just fine until I came to plugging the driver side front bumper harness back into the main loom. I have a 4 prong/3 wire plug that I just cannot find a corresponding sensor/harness for. I'm attaching some pictures in the event that anyone can help (the bumper is enough of a *%)# to remove I don't want to move on until I resolve this!). This wiring group runs up to the hood switch, across to the fans, and down to ???.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Maybe the active cruise control radar unit. It's the black box below the bumper in your picture.

yea, that was the obvious one, but no dice.

Also, does anyone know why some 16's have MAFs in the intake tube and others dont? I'm in the 'don't' category so I'm wondering if there might have been an ambient or something down there.

The only thing that came to mind when you said across the top of the fans and down was the windshield washer container that is down in that area but then couldn't think why it would come from the hood pin area.

Peter

Back