2016 Explorer Interior Swap - Cloth / Leather | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Interior Swap - Cloth / Leather

Reaction score
City, State
Aliso Viejo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys - new to the forum and wasn't sure where to put this but hopefully this is the right place. I just picked up a 2016 Explorer Sport with the black leather and red stitching and was wondering if anyone with Explorer XLT with stock black cloth would be interested in swapping interiors (seats, arm rest, door panels, etc.) plus some cash.

I'm planning on redoing the interior and figured I'd let someone else have the brand new interior instead of just scrapping it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Base explorers come with the light stone color only unless ford change it for 2016, I really wanted black interior but dealer told my that only xlt and up get black interior.

Base explorers come with the light stone color only unless ford change it for 2016, I really wanted black interior but dealer told my that only xlt and up get black interior.

I just checked on the build and price page and you're correct, the XLT has the black cloth option available.

Hey guys - new to the forum and wasn't sure where to put this but hopefully this is the right place. I just picked up a 2016 Explorer Sport with the black leather and red stitching and was wondering if anyone with Explorer XLT with stock black cloth would be interested in swapping interiors (seats, arm rest, door panels, etc.) plus some cash.

I'm planning on redoing the interior and figured I'd let someone else have the brand new interior instead of just scrapping it.

AllStar; I'm all for customizing anything and everything to tailor to your personal taste and all but.... why would you want to take nice and comfortable leather and replace it with cloth? Not judging, just asking bro! I have the charcoal black interior with the grey stitching on my 15' Sport and it's some of the sexiest looking, super comfy, and easy to clean interior I've ever seen come in a vehicle. Plus you likely have heated/cooled seats as well in your Sport and you're willing to give that up too? (If you didn't get that option then disregard.) These seats were half the reason I bought my Sport, ahaha! The other half was the engine performance and suspension...

AllStar; I'm all for customizing anything and everything to tailor to your personal taste and all but.... why would you want to take nice and comfortable leather and replace it with cloth? Not judging, just asking bro! I have the charcoal black interior with the grey stitching on my 15' Sport and it's some of the sexiest looking, super comfy, and easy to clean interior I've ever seen come in a vehicle. Plus you likely have heated/cooled seats as well in your Sport and you're willing to give that up too? (If you didn't get that option then disregard.) These seats were half the reason I bought my Sport, ahaha! The other half was the engine performance and suspension...

Hey Ham, I'm actually just looking for cloth so that I don't waste it when I'm redoing the leather inside. I figured if someone had cloth and wanted to swap interiors, I would then use the cloth to get torn apart and redone... basically I just need the insides.

I forgot about the heated seat option, I may have to think twice about losing that if they're not included in the cloth option haha!

Back