2016 Explorer Limited questions?

Lee1974

Reaction score
City, State
Olympia,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Hi all,

So I'm about to go look at and probably buy a 2016 Explorer Limited tomorrow morning and have been trying to read up and research on the web any problems with them. Am wondering about reviews, good and bad and trying to see which year and trim might be the best one to get. Any advice on good and bad points to watch out for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum Lee.:wave:
There are somewhat similar threads here. It seems the best is always the most recent (2017). The 2017 has the new Sync 3 system which replaced the previous Sync 2. You should be able to check out both on the Ford website. As to which trim to suggest is a bit difficult. It depends a lot on what you want and what your wallet will bear. The Sport and Platinum have the more powerful 3.5L Ecoboost engine.
My suggestion is to scroll through the threads and see what has been discussed. I'd look at the "Discussion" and "In Vehicle Technology" forums. Good luck.

Peter

ordered my 16 Ex Ltd in Aug '16. don't pay Ford for weatherproof floor mats. Get WeatherTech instead (order online). SYNC 2 is the most miserable interface I've seen in years. definitely get SYNC3 if they offer it for the year you're after. ..my two cents.

Back