• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Sport Lemon

MGlunt109

Reaction score
City, State
Bellefonte, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I bought my car 11 months ago. Since then, its been in the shop 16 times. I've had 11 loaners and at this point ive had all I can take. I posted last about my transmission slipping. It's not up at the dealership for the 3rd time. It started as a slip under heavy acceleration. This past saturday it has gotten so bad that It left my 5 year old daughter and I avoiding an accident by a mili second. I pulled out onto the road and it completely died. Cars slammed on their brakes and there we were sitting in the middle of both lanes of traffic. Last time I had the car in they said "they couldnt find anything wrong". Well enough is enough. I took it in Monday and its thursday and I haven't heard a thing. I've also noticed a grinding/ engaging noise while acceleration and going slow in drive. I've read maybe a torque converter. Also about a week before this happened I got an oil change and was told my oil was pitch black and my transmission fluid was leaking a lot. Does anyone know anything about the Lemon Law in PA? At what point do you consider a lawsuit? Do I really have to wait until someone is hurt or killed? I've had enough.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought my car 11 months ago. Since then, its been in the shop 16 times. I've had 11 loaners and at this point ive had all I can take. I posted last about my transmission slipping. It's not up at the dealership for the 3rd time. It started as a slip under heavy acceleration. This past saturday it has gotten so bad that It left my 5 year old daughter and I avoiding an accident by a mili second. I pulled out onto the road and it completely died. Cars slammed on their brakes and there we were sitting in the middle of both lanes of traffic. Last time I had the car in they said "they couldnt find anything wrong". Well enough is enough. I took it in Monday and its thursday and I haven't heard a thing. I've also noticed a grinding/ engaging noise while acceleration and going slow in drive. I've read maybe a torque converter. Also about a week before this happened I got an oil change and was told my oil was pitch black and my transmission fluid was leaking a lot. Does anyone know anything about the Lemon Law in PA? At what point do you consider a lawsuit? Do I really have to wait until someone is hurt or killed? I've had enough.

I know you are frustrated and venting on here but a simple google search would give you your answer.

"The Automobile Lemon Law applies to the PURCHASE or LEASE of new vehicles that are registered in Pennsylvania. The vehicle must be used for personal, family or household purposes. Commercial vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes, and off-road vehicles are not covered by the law.

The law covers problems that occur during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles of ownership. The problem must substantially impair the value, use or safety of the vehicle. Each time you take your vehicle to the dealer for service or repair, the dealer must provide you with a copy of the repair invoice. The dealer must also notify the manufacturer that your vehicle has been brought in a second time for the same problem. As long as the first problem occurs during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles of ownership, you are covered for any subsequent problems occurring after that point."

Automobile Lemon Law

You are far outside any type of lemon law coverage and it applies to the original owner (based on it saying the purchase and lease of NEW vehicles)

Thanks for the input. I guess I was venting, given my frustration. I just had hoped others may have been through a similar situation, getting a vehicle and it being nothing short of a disaster. Like, I always had Subaru's and Toyota. Never an issue. I buy a ford and now can't risk taking my family on a short vacation because I can't trust my "newer" vehicle that has 36,000 miles. This vehicle has been in the shop 14 times in less than a year, all with very catastrophic issues. I've had 9 loaners. It's been there several weeks all together. So, again, i was just wondering if others may have had so many issues with their explorer sports and if so, how exactly do you handle it after a certain point?

Back