2016 Explorer Sport Tail Light Part? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Sport Tail Light Part?

MattBrink

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I need to replace the drivers side tail light on my 2016 Exp Sport. Looking at the ford parts web site I see several different ones, "level 3" "level 4" "level 5" etc. Does anyone know which one is supposed to fit? This part is silly expensive so I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Get your vin number and then call Ford parts.

I need to replace the drivers side tail light on my 2016 Exp Sport. Looking at the ford parts web site I see several different ones, "level 3" "level 4" "level 5" etc. Does anyone know which one is supposed to fit? This part is silly expensive so I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!
Matt, this "level" issue has been questioned many times here. FYI, I sent a note to one of the suppliers of Ford parts and asked them. Hopefully I will get a response that makes sense.

Peter

Matt, this "level" issue has been questioned many times here. FYI, I sent a note to one of the suppliers of Ford parts and asked them. Hopefully I will get a response that makes sense.

Peter
From what I can tell about levels, it seems to correspond with trims, and more granularly, with packages within trims.

Eg, 100a package is level 1, 101a is level 2, 200a is level 3, 201a is level 4, 202a is level 5 etc

Back