2016 Ford Explorer 2nd Row Bucket Seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer 2nd Row Bucket Seats

Steemin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
I'm interested in switching out my 2nd row bench seat bucket seat on my 2016 Explorer XLT. My understanding is that it would be possible to swap the 60 portion of the 60/40 bench with a left rear seat. However, after a good bit of searching, I can't seem to find any for sale online.

Has anyone had any luck with finding new or used 2nd row bucket seats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you tried contacting an auto recycler? Have you checked out the threads on that in this forum?

Peter

Also, I did this conversion and I am so happy with the results:)

Got more detail on what you did?
Yes, I do.

I still need to post a thread on it.

When I get home later today, I will post more details.

Got more detail on what you did?

Well time sure got away from me! Sorry about that.

If you do not have the inflatable seat belts, this swap is so easy. All you need to do is fin a left side bucket from a donor and its just four bolts and your down.

Now if the inflatable seat belts, there is much more involved.

Also, I did this conversion and I am so happy with the results:)
How was the conversion, did you do this yourself or had it sent in? I keep seeing ones with the headed option, did you wire it in or just left that disconnected?

How was the conversion, did you do this yourself or had it sent in? I keep seeing ones with the headed option, did you wire it in or just left that disconnected?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on October 2, 2022 so may no longer be following.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on October 2, 2022 so may no longer be following.

Peter
IDK if this is a bot response but thank you and I'm already finding other threads to use for reference.

IDK if this is a bot response but thank you and I'm already finding other threads to use for reference.
Good luck. There are a ew threads on this as you've found out.

Peter

Back