2016 Ford explorer power lift gate problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford explorer power lift gate problem

Passionpaintworks

Reaction score
City, State
Conyers, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford explorer limite
Hello, new here...
I have an issue with my lift gate. I replaced the fuse inside the cab, fuse number 10 ( handsfree lift gate and securicode.)
This fixed the lift gate allowed it to open with key fob and the button near the steering wheel, also the button on the rear hatch jam work.
The problem is the release button under the tag doesn't work as well as the foot sensor aren't working. Any tips?

welcome to EF!! hope ya get an answer!

Hello, new here...
I have an issue with my lift gate. I replaced the fuse inside the cab, fuse number 10 ( handsfree lift gate and securicode.)
This fixed the lift gate allowed it to open with key fob and the button near the steering wheel, also the button on the rear hatch jam work.
The problem is the release button under the tag doesn't work as well as the foot sensor aren't working. Any tips?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you checked fuse #69 in the engine bay fuse box? It is a 30A fuse for the Liftgate? If it is also blown then the big question is why did these fuses blow?

Peter

Has anyone done any service recently or in the past that required removing any of the interior trim in the cargo area? I had a similar issue and it turned out the reason was that there was a plug near the spare tire well that needs to be removed to get the trim off and the guy had not seated it in properly. Good luck with it!

1655239445369.png

Back