2016 Ford Explorer Sport drive modes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer Sport drive modes

d1jaysen

Reaction score
City, State
Dekalb
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hi, Has anyone had a problem with all the drive modes shutting off when starting the vehicle? Is it a sensor? Any information is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you referring to the light on the TMS dial or the mode display on the dash or both? Is everything okay after startup? If it is the TMS switch/dial and it remains OFF, have you checked the fuse?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you referring to the light on the TMS dial or the mode display on the dash or both? Is everything okay after startup? If it is the TMS switch/dial and it remains OFF, have you checked the fuse?

Peter
Hi, Thanks. It all goes off on the dash. Starts up fine and it's drivable. When the the lights are on the dash the steering is stiff. That's about it. Sometimes the lights stay on, sometimes they go off and everything goes back to normal.

I'm not sure what lights on the dash you are talking about.

I'm not sure what lights on the dash you are talking about.
The warning lights that all the drive modes are disabled. Hill assist, park assist etc......

Okay, now I see. Those aren't specifically "drive modes". That is what threw me off. The items on the dash should light up as a check to see that they are functioning. After the vehicle has started, they should all turn OFF. That is normal. If they stay ON after the vehicle is running, then there is an issue. If that is the case, you should check to see if any trouble codes were stored.

Peter

Back