2016 FWD 3.5 N/A (wrench error message power train)at Dealer/throttle body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 FWD 3.5 N/A (wrench error message power train)at Dealer/throttle body

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T
i agree, they have really stepped up. I also leveraged Ford Customer Service thru here and together the timeline GREATLY improved. That being said, as long as it's a "good" part and hopefully the issue is in my rear-view mirror soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Throttle Body replaced, PN AT4Z*9E926*B THROTTLE BODY AND MOTOR ASY

20160513_154533-M.jpg

So far so good since the TB was replace as mine was installed on Wed 5/11, driven by dealer (testing) that day and 5/12 no issues. I picked it up 5/13 and have driven city/freeway hard to normal driving and doing well.

Same issue

I had the exactly same thing happen to me....was going 40 mph, and then all of a sudden down to 5 mph, with no acceleration possible.

They told me Throttle Body too. Parts delayed until June.

Hope for a fast turnaround and how I envy the lemon law you folks are entiled to over in the Good ol' U.S of A

I am not sure if anyone has been through a lemon law. I heard it takes a very long time, hiring a lemon law lawyer, going to lemon law courts. Its a huge process that takes a lot of time.

Is the 3.5 turbo charged engine also affected by this throttle body issue?

Yes, one report so far in this forum.

That's good. Ford's supercharged 3.5 is also in Taurus and F150 and police interceptors. It sounds more like a bad apple as always.

That's good. Ford's supercharged 3.5 is also in Taurus and F150 and police interceptors. It sounds more like a bad apple as always.

Twinturbo:D

Consider the % of reports in this forum vs. the # of sales/units on the road. It's not wide spread but to those of us it happens to... it's seem like the end of times, even if just temporary.

Yes, one report so far in this forum.
But it isn't definite that the throttle body was the issue as opposed to loose fittings/clamps since the replacement of the throttle body didn't fix the issue the member was having. Tightening the clamps etc. did.

Peter

But it isn't definite that the throttle body was the issue as opposed to loose fittings/clamps since the replacement of the throttle body didn't fix the issue the member was having. Tightening the clamps etc. did.

Peter

It appears that way and I hope it was the case; since mine is a sport :eek:

So the TB has arrived on 5/11!!! - installed, test driven, will be test driven today and if no issues, I should get my EX back tomorrow - plenty of time before the road trip!
TB replaced
Cooling fans replaced
Seat cooling checked and "OK"

I had my TB go out on the same day as yours did. I was told it be June as well before the part came in. I got the car back on Wed. much sooner than June thank goodness

If you have this issue I recommend you go to NHTSA.gov and file a complaint.
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

I did file a couple of days ago and spoke to a rep in DC today. They only had 12 complaints as of this afternoon. Get some more complaints so it can trigger an investigation.

I had my TB go out on the same day as yours did. I was told it be June as well before the part came in. I got the car back on Wed. much sooner than June thank goodness

That's great news!

Glad everything worked out with the TB!

My Ex shifts like a mad man and slams into gears under hard acceleration about once a week but nothing like this, yet.

Just to report back, after almost 2K miles, from close to sea-level and up to almost 10K feet mountain roads, desert, cool (into the 40's), rain, wind one jaunt up to 100+ in a long pass ... etc.... and zero issues. Hope this has been resolved and I won't have another ETB issue. Explorer did great!

20160602_160116-M.jpg

IMG_2943-CW-M.jpg

IMG_3027-CW-M.jpg

IMG_2906-CW-M.jpg

20160531_161220-M.jpg

Back