• Register Today It's free!

2016 Gauge Display

wayneswelt

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Just got a 2016 Explorer Limited with the Type 2 display. Going thru the various setups, I was looking for the Engine Temp gauge and found it only shows up along with the round tach (which, for me, is a rather useless gauge). Anyone know of a way to display the Engine Temp along with, say, the Distance to Empty (the one I prefer)?
Thanks much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone. I just got a new to me 2016 Explorer sport. I'm coming out of an 05, so all these new bells & whistles are confusing me. I wish it came with a cheat sheet in how to use it but so far google has been helping. To my point...In my old truck, I liked how it had the gas, temp, oil & battery gauges. The new display doesn't seem to show it. Is there an way to configure it? Or if anyone knows a good website with tutorials I'd be greatful! Thanks!!

Hey everyone. I just got a new to me 2016 Explorer sport. I'm coming out of an 05, so all these new bells & whistles are confusing me. I wish it came with a cheat sheet in how to use it but so far google has been helping. To my point...In my old truck, I liked how it had the gas, temp, oil & battery gauges. The new display doesn't seem to show it. Is there an way to configure it? Or if anyone knows a good website with tutorials I'd be greatful! Thanks!!
Welcome to the 5th gen Forum. :wave:
Did you get the Owner's Manual with the vehicle? I believe it explains the various combinations that are available. As far as I can recall, there are no settings for oil and battery. They are just warning lights. I don't know if the display can be modified using FORScan.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Wayne. :wave:
I don't believe that the setup can be changed with the vehicle settings but then I've never had that display. Perhaps FORScan is able to do it but I'm not familiar with its use other than it can be used to change/modify certain programmed settings.

Peter

Thanks for the welcome 😁 Yes I do have the manual & it gives the basic information. I wasn't sure if the more seasoned owners had and tips or work around. I've never dealt with Forscan so I'm a little weary of starting down that road lol

Back