2016 How to remove instrument cluster face? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 How to remove instrument cluster face?

Houndog101

Reaction score
City, State
Fallston, Md.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Our 2016 Sport gauge cover (face) has gotten cloudy, can't see some gauges. How do I remove it to clean or replace it ?
Thanks, Ted

The lens is very cheap for a ford part around $20-$30 if i recall correctly and the cluster bezel is just held in with clips I believe and you need to disconnect the black rubber shroud from the steering column (just pops off but is perm. attached to the cluster bezel so don't try to pull it off that). 4 screws hold in the instrument cluster. Pull it out and two screws and a bunch of clips hold the lens assembly on. Have the new one ready to go when replacing it so no dust gets in during the transfer.

The lens is very cheap for a ford part around $20-$30 if i recall correctly and the cluster bezel is just held in with clips I believe and you need to disconnect the black rubber shroud from the steering column (just pops off but is perm. attached to the cluster bezel so don't try to pull it off that). 4 screws hold in the instrument cluster. Pull it out and two screws and a bunch of clips hold the lens assembly on. Have the new one ready to go when replacing it so no dust gets in during the transfer.
Thank you,I'll try tomorrow.

Back