2016 Limited 301a vs 303a Packages | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Limited 301a vs 303a Packages

ExCrystal

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Limited 4WD
When looking at the order form, there are only 2 additional options in the 303a equipment group (Pirelli tires and 3.51 axle ratio).

What's the difference even if you already chose the 2.3L 4WD as your engine option?

When looking at the order form, there are only 2 additional options in the 303a equipment group (Pirelli tires and 3.51 axle ratio).

What's the difference even if you already chose the 2.3L 4WD as your engine option?
Looks like the monetary difference is $995 and all you really gain is the Pirelli tires instead of the Hankooks with the 303a package. The 3.51 axle ratio, from what I see, is the standard feature for the 2.3L 4WD option regardless of which of the 2 packages you choose. This seems a little misleading in my opinion.

Peter

Looks like the monetary difference is $995 and all you really gain is the Pirelli tires instead of the Hankooks with the 303a package. The 3.51 axle ratio, from what I see, is the standard feature for the 2.3L 4WD option regardless of which of the 2 packages you choose. This seems a little misleading in my opinion.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for clarifying that - it's what I figured because I questioned what was the real difference between the two. And yes, I think the order form states the 3.51 axle ratio is standard on the 2.3L 4WD engine choice.

Interesting/misleading indeed... hopefully this will save people some money haha.

Back