2016 Limited P1450 & P0451 FTP Sensor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Limited P1450 & P0451 FTP Sensor?

geomcnasty

Reaction score
City, State
Monroeville, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
I have both codes P1450 and P0451. I replaced the Purge Valve and Canister Solenoid. P0451 Says that the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is out of range. I can not find the part number I am looking for. Ive looked at alot of schematics etc. The only thing I have found it this

DA8Z-9K318-A​

Which is listed a a Pressure Valve? Not sure what to do here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No such code as "P4150".

As for the P1450, there are a number of possible causes. Here's the list:

Gasoline Engines PCED
P1450 - Unable To Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum

Description:
This DTC sets when the evaporative emission (EVAP) running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running, but not at idle.​
Possible Causes:
  • Blockages or kinks in the EVAP canister tube or EVAP canister purge outlet tube between the fuel tank, the EVAP purge valve and the EVAP canister
  • Fuel filler cap stuck closed, preventing vacuum relief (if equipped)
  • Capless fuel tank filler pipe damaged, preventing vacuum relief (if equipped)
  • Contaminated fuel vapor elbow on the EVAP canister
  • Restricted EVAP canister
  • EVAP canister vent valve stuck partially or fully closed
  • Plugged EVAP canister vent valve filter
  • EVAP purge valve stuck open
  • VREF circuit open
  • Damaged FTP sensor

No such code as "P4150".

As for the P1450, there are a number of possible causes. Here's the list:
Yeah that 4150 is wrong I forget the correct one but it was fuel tank pressure sensor out of range or something like that.

It was P0451 thats the right one. Sorry.

Yeah that 4150 is wrong I forget the correct one but it was fuel tank pressure sensor out of range or something like that.

It was P0451 thats the right one. Sorry.
Thread title corrected.

I have both codes P1450 and P0451. I replaced the Purge Valve and Canister Solenoid. P0451 Says that the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is out of range. I can not find the part number I am looking for. Ive looked at alot of schematics etc. The only thing I have found it this

DA8Z-9K318-A​

Which is listed a a Pressure Valve? Not sure what to do here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I have a P1450 code on my 2016 Exp Sport. I'm alittle confused on which new Purge Valve to buy. I think i found it under the hood but it looks different than new ones to order. Do you happen to have a pic of what it should look like and where exactly its located on top of engine?

I have a P1450 code on my 2016 Exp Sport. I'm alittle confused on which new Purge Valve to buy. I think i found it under the hood but it looks different than new ones to order. Do you happen to have a pic of what it should look like and where exactly its located on top of engine?
Is this what you are looking for? 2015-2020 Ford Vapor Canister Purge Valve Assembly EJ7Z-6A785-B | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

The evap canister, also known as the purge valve, on the 2016 Ford Explorer is located to the left of the brake booster and master cylinder on the driver side firewall. The EVAP canister is filled with activated charcoal and is designed to catch the emissions that are put off by Your car and trap them.

Peter

Back