• Register Today It's free!

2016 PIU Back Doors won't unlock.

coroark1

Reaction score
City, State
naylor
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
Hi. I just bought a 2016 Explorer PIU. If I press the lock or unlock button on the driver's door, the lock for the driver and passanger will react. But the back doors won't. I can lock or unlock them by using the little post sticking out of the back door itself. I don't know if something was unplugged or if it was changed in the computer. I can't find anything about it. Does anybody know what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Being it is/was a police vehicle, you will likely find that the rear door locks are not connected. If that is the case, you will have to remove the interior panel from each door and make the connections. Have you checked for the child safety locks to see if they are enabled?

Peter

Thanks for the quick response. I have checked the safety locks both ways. I will check for an unhooked connection. I was most afraid something had been modified in the computer.

Hi. I just bought a 2016 Explorer PIU. If I press the lock or unlock button on the driver's door, the lock for the driver and passanger will react. But the back doors won't. I can lock or unlock them by using the little post sticking out of the back door itself. I don't know if something was unplugged or if it was changed in the computer. I can't find anything about it. Does anybody know what the problem is? Thanks in advance.
Also check that the lock connection is made. There is electrical connector under the driver's side carpet/door sill area that disables the rear locks. Do a search of this forum and you will find photos and more details.

Also check that the lock connection is made. There is electrical connector under the driver's side carpet/door sill area that disables the rear locks. Do a search of this forum and you will find photos and more details.
That connector you are referring to disables the window switches.

Back