2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Having owned mine for only 24 hours I'm still absolutely thrilled about this vehicle. Of course I upgraded from a '99 Honda Accord so this was a massive leap for me in terms of size, power, luxury, and technology. Pretty much everything about the driving experience is so much better now. I love how little road noise there is even driving at highway speeds, how amazing the sound system is, how the vehicle leaps forward when I press the gas pedal down. I'm having so much fun, this vehicle is awesome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This delay at the rail yard was Ford invoked according to my dealer. I spoke to dealer today and requested a date for truck delivery or I would drive for an hour and buy one in dealer stock. They are trying to get answer from Ford today.

This delay at the rail yard was Ford invoked according to my dealer. I spoke to dealer today and requested a date for truck delivery or I would drive for an hour and buy one in dealer stock. They are trying to get answer from Ford today.

How is that even possible? And why would Ford want to do that? Seems way too conspiracy theory-ish.

Mine was made 09/19 and delivered to dealer 10/01

Mine had build date of 9/16. Still not delivered 11/7
Dealer can't get specific info about delay of delivery.
FRUSTRATING

Referring to a 2016 Explorer platinum

So my dealer now has 5 Platinums in stock for sale and mine is still awaiting shipment. I do not understand this. I know I said I would wait for my delivery when the dealer was trying to sell me what they got in but really?? They have received two separate deliveries of Platinums and customers (me for one) have been waiting for 5 months now.

Hope someone can weigh in on this.

Got my baby on Friday Afternoon!!

Got a call from my dealer not long after posting here Friday, lol, telling me she was in and ready for pick up. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! (Tricia held out on me, lol)

I was a wee bit nervous since I ordered Blue Jeans and had no idea what it actually looked like in person. Love it!! Totally understand all the hype over the white, but I'm glad I went with Blue Jeans.

I had a couple minor issues, but they are being handled. One biggy for me and it's because I'm a freak like that, is they drilled holes in my front bumper for the stupid dealer logo plate. Florida doesn't require a front plate. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Love the dvd system for my grands, and I know they will love the bucket seats!

I keep forgetting to lock the dang doors because for five years my SRX did it for me after about 10 seconds away from the car. ;)

Will post a couple pics of her tomorrow!

Teddie

I have a Guard on order and drove a Ruby Red today. I like the Guard better. I was surprised there was no SD slot for my music. The slot is for the nav. system. Still waiting to find out when it will be delivered to the dealer from the rail yard. Also I have a x-plan number but I understand everyone gets the same price now.

I don't remember - does the Platinum have a CD player?

I have a Guard on order and drove a Ruby Red today. I like the Guard better. I was surprised there was no SD slot for my music. The slot is for the nav. system. Still waiting to find out when it will be delivered to the dealer from the rail yard. Also I have a x-plan number but I understand everyone gets the same price now.

While the SD slot is for the NAV system, you can use it to play music if want to. You can also put music on a USB memory stick and play from that too. I've been streaming music from my phone over the Bluetooth connection and its worked perfectly.

How is it that everyone gets the same price now? On my paperwork I see the follow, not sure what all of it means:

Total Holdback: $1617.00
Invoice Total: $51998.03
A & Z Plan: $49848.03
D Plan: $49948.03
X Plan: $52065.04
FPA: $540.00
Retail Price: $54835.00

You are probably seeing more than your supposed to. Dealer holdback applies to every unit. Factory gives this to dlr at the end of the year. Supposedly 2%.

Holdback on a ford is actually 3% of total msrp minus delivery fee. All the plans are the vehicle price for ford employees and businesses that are members that qualify for those deals. Google any of the plans and it will tell you how that price is calculated and who can qualify for it. I don't however know what fpa is. Googling it shows floor plan allowance but couldn't find what it actually mean. Any veteran buyers help explain fpa please.

Got a call from my dealer not long after posting here Friday, lol, telling me she was in and ready for pick up. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! (Tricia held out on me, lol)

I was a wee bit nervous since I ordered Blue Jeans and had no idea what it actually looked like in person. Love it!! Totally understand all the hype over the white, but I'm glad I went with Blue Jeans.

I had a couple minor issues, but they are being handled. One biggy for me and it's because I'm a freak like that, is they drilled holes in my front bumper for the stupid dealer logo plate. Florida doesn't require a front plate. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I keep forgetting to lock the dang doors because for five years my SRX did it for me after about 10 seconds away from the car. ;)

Teddie
Can't believe I only took one lol.

Attachments

• Bessie-2.0.png
    Bessie-2.0.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 370

Can't believe I only took one lol.

Congrats! Definitely need more pics, at first glance I thought it was Shadow Black. It seems that the Blue Jean color is actually a lot darker than the very pale blue color they show on Ford's website. Really curious to see how it looks in the sunlight.

Teddie

Congratulations, Teddie!

That color really does fit the Explorer quite nicely. What are the other concerns you're having with your new ride?

Chad

Congratulations, Teddie!

That color really does fit the Explorer quite nicely. What are the other concerns you're having with your new ride?

Chad

Hi Chad,

There's a small blemish in the paint on the drivers side rear door, which my salesman finally said yesterday that he would have the body shop look at today.

Both other issues are dealer related, and I'm hoping they will also get settled today. I.e. the splash guards and bumper protector I ordered and paid for but have not received.

Shocked at the mpg though. Yikes!!! lol. I went from using premium for 16 - 18 mpg so I'm still making out, lol.

T.

Hi Chad,

There's a small blemish in the paint on the drivers side rear door, which my salesman finally said yesterday that he would have the body shop look at today.

Both other issues are dealer related, and I'm hoping they will also get settled today. I.e. the splash guards and bumper protector I ordered and paid for but have not received.

Shocked at the mpg though. Yikes!!! lol. I went from using premium for 16 - 18 mpg so I'm still making out, lol.

T.

Another paint issue. Imagine that. Teddieg please be sure to report it to Ford and not just the dealer. These 2016s are having too many issues with paint and Ford needs to recognize the problem and FIX it. Im sure you feel the same way as I do, and a body shop "fix" is just not going to cut it unless they want to give me a huge cut in price.

So it seems every other post goes from a positive one to a negative one. Well this is a positive one.

Thanks FordService for letting me know that my EX Platinum shipped today. Happy week ahead! Let's hope there are no more hold ups

It's getting close to delivery time! Looks like your Explorer is making its way to the dealer now, and is estimated to arrive on November 15th, which is subject to change. I suggest checking back in with us later this week for the latest information.

Mariel

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another paint issue. Imagine that. Teddieg please be sure to report it to Ford and not just the dealer. These 2016s are having too many issues with paint and Ford needs to recognize the problem and FIX it. Im sure you feel the same way as I do, and a body shop "fix" is just not going to cut it unless they want to give me a huge cut in price.

:mad:Well, fixing it was not an option at my dealer yesterday. I was told it was "too small an issue and would require too much work" to fix. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I imagine that if it was THEIR vehicle, it would be different. I did however, win the battle of having the front bumper replaced.

Back