2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

I am still waiting for my Explorer Platinum to be deliver to my dealer from the rail car yard where it was dropped off October 30th. Because there seems to be over 200 vehicles in front of my Explorer ,my Platinum still sitting there and my salesman is getting frustrated because he wants to deliver this Platinum to me as soon as possible. I told him yesterday to relax and wait until they get to it and bring it to the dealer. He even told me that if he gets it by tomorrow Thursday and needs to prep the car and have the mud flaps and cross bars install he will come on his day off Friday just to deliver the car to me. I told him that there is no need for him to do that because I can always pick up the Platinum on Saturday morning.
In all honesty right now I am just very patiently waiting until I get the call from my dealer to go and pick up the Explorer. I have to laugh because my salesman is the one now getting more frustrated with this delay. He looks as if he is the one buying the car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My car has been at the rail yard for 2 weeks. I have been in touch with ford and they can't find my car. I am now thinking it was damaged in shipment and being repaired somewhere. Who do u turn to if the dealer and the factory can't find it?'

Mine to was delivered to the rail yard on 10/30. As of today Ford customer service has no idea why it's on hold but told me they are working on finding out why.

Didn't someone say they had a Bronze Fire? How does that color
look?

My car has been at the rail yard for 2 weeks. I have been in touch with ford and they can't find my car. I am now thinking it was damaged in shipment and being repaired somewhere. Who do u turn to if the dealer and the factory can't find it?'

I don't think deant that it has anything to do with your car been damaged. Needless to say that these things do happened but I am pretty sure that the dealer will have told you if this was the case. I am in the same situation as you and probably more in the forum but I have been doing business with the same Ford dealer for over 20 years and the same salesman as well and they are not going to lie to me for any reason . My salesman has been in touch with me constantly and it has always been the same answer. The Platinum still at the rail yard waiting to be deliver. Dealers don't make money holding on to these vehicles. They want to keep the sales moving. I think some dealers don't even have a clue as to some of these hold ups.
I have sent Tricia from Ford Customer Service a PM to see if she can find out more about these delays not just for me but in general. Will keep you posted if there is a reason to these hold back / delays at rail yards.

Thanks NY1. I also have Randi working my case through Ford district office. At this pointe, they don't have a clue where my car is.

Sounds like fedex and ups have a better system set up to track a $5 package. Maybe ford should go visit them and learn something so they can track their $50,000 plus vehicles.

From the looks of things ups and FedEx have a better track record of delivering a package undamaged also. Ha.

Ours was built 10/30 and we are approx 3 hours from the Chicago plant. We had an ETA of 11/13, then 11/10, then 11/2, then 11/9, and finally 11/11 - yesterday. As of right now it is still awaiting shipment with no updated ETA. I'm a little frustrated because we are so close to the plant, but I know everything is subject to change. The dealer is more frustrated because they have someone lined up to buy my trade in (2015 XLT) that is starting to get tired of waiting. I almost fell over last night when the dealer called to see if I would be willing to bring it in now and they would give me a loaner until it arrives. With the dates moving, and the delays I'm reading about here, I'm worried I'd be stuck in some sort of crappy hoopty for months, and quite frankly it was tacky of them to even ask, the bodies still warm! All we can do is wait, but man - it's getting tougher especially since we are so close to the plant.

I would love to see everyone waiting just say "screw it!" and cancel. Then maybe the dealers would gang up on the factory and demand better delivery times. I know this won't happen, but if they don't find my car pretty soon I'm gonna cancel.

I would not say that UPS / FedEx tracking system is without errors.
My vehicle has been sitting at the dealer since February 3rd. This was purchased through military auto sales so they need to send paperwork to the dealer for them to release it.

Well after they did not send the paperwork on time they sent it next day using UPS. Sent on Monday and it still has not been delivered and I am told it will still be a few days.

Not sure what is worse, having the vehicle stuck in shipping or having the paperwork stuck in shipping. End result is the same regardless.

I would not say that UPS / FedEx tracking system is without errors.
My vehicle has been sitting at the dealer since February 3rd. This was purchased through military auto sales so they need to send paperwork to the dealer for them to release it.

Well after they did not send the paperwork on time they sent it next day using UPS. Sent on Monday and it still has not been delivered and I am told it will still be a few days.

Not sure what is worse, having the vehicle stuck in shipping or having the paperwork stuck in shipping. End result is the same regardless.

Did you get a tracking number for the UPS shippment? If so, that means it did indeed ship. If a tracking number has not been provided this means the sender did not ship as they stated.

I would love to see everyone waiting just say "screw it!" and cancel. Then maybe the dealers would gang up on the factory and demand better delivery times. I know this won't happen, but if they don't find my car pretty soon I'm gonna cancel.
Not sure if the issue is with the factory. Seems to be more of a problem with the shipping/delivery service which may be beyond the factory's control. I'm sure Ford would prefer to have all these Explorers sitting in the customer's driveway than in rail yards throughout the country.

Peter

I agree, but why the hell can't you get an answer about where the unit is or when it will be delivered? The answer can't be that hard. They don't even know where my car is!

I agree, but why the hell can't you get an answer about where the unit is or when it will be delivered? The answer can't be that hard. They don't even know where my car is!
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Peter

I finally picked up my platinum yesterday. It came in Monday all shiny and detailed (build date of 10/24) but had a couple paint chips on door and apparently I didn't notice but the wheel was scratched. Dealership repainted door and replaced wheel. So Friday was the exciting day! First off, it is FUN to drive! Great pickup, lots of new features to learn. The voice command option works wonderfully, stereo sounds awesome. Yes, the seats are smaller (than my Yukon), but they feel sportier, just like the engine. I'm having a blast in the new vehicle. There are so many cool features on this vehicle, I can't wait to drive it again today. I still have to figure out the garage door opener, so that is first on the list today.

Congrats! :biggthump Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much. Make sure to register on our owner's site for service coupons, maintenance sheduling, and other great benefits.

:mad:Well, fixing it was not an option at my dealer yesterday. I was told it was "too small an issue and would require too much work" to fix. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I imagine that if it was THEIR vehicle, it would be different. I did however, win the battle of having the front bumper replaced.

I hear you, teddieg. Send over a PM with the VIN, dealer info, your full name, and your phone number. I'll look into this on my end.

Mariel

deant, Im not sure why the dealer can't tell you where the car actually is located . They get a visibility report where it tells them step by step where the car is located as soon as it has been shipped from the Chicago assembly plant.

My Explorer Platinum was supposed to have been delivered to my dealer on November 6, that was the ETA (estimated time of arrival) and as Ford has always been stating to us, that can changed at any time. Today I received a replied from Ford Customer Service and the new ETA now is November 17. My dealer knows the car has arrived at the Elizabeth, New Jersey Rail Yard but the dealer has no choice but to wait until the car is delivered to them by the carrier that's responsible from doing so. Even Ford Customer Service told me that once the vehicle reaches the State destination they are not able to track the vehicle as to when it will definitely will reach the dealer. All they can do is give us ETA to the dealer and that's not even a guarantee. That is why the ETA keeps changing. This is the case with my Platinum. We know it's at the Elizabeth New Jersey Rail Yard where as my salesman today told me there are thousands of vehicles from all manufacturers ( not just Ford) and all of those vehicles are waiting to be shipped to all the dealers and they have no control over that.

I know that perhaps some of us because of the frustration that we are going thru we may think that the best option is to cancel the order. Every situation here is different from one another . I know some of us are in need to sell their current vehicles or have someone waiting to purchase them and that is putting a chain reaction of pressure because these new Explorers are taking time been delivered. In those situations I understand if they decide to cancel the order. In my case since this is a "Special Order" because I wanted my Platinum built in a specific way for me to just cancel the order after waiting since August 15 when I originally placed the order from my dealer its not something that I am even going to consider. If I waited this long I can wait a few more weeks.

deant, I know it is frustrating and I know how much you want to be finally driving your new Platinum, so do I. I know the last thing you want to do is to cancel your order. You have waited this long so what's a few more weeks. The last thing you want to know is that you canceled your order and a few days or a week later see someone else passing you by driving the Platinum that you ordered . You will probably kick yourself (you know where ) realizing that all you had to do was to have waited a little longer and you decided not to . Your Platinum is not lost . Soon you will see that your dealer will call you to come and pick up your Platinum. Hang in there !! You, Me and most of all will be getting these Explorers very soon and we will come to realize that "IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT"

Congrats! :biggthump Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much. Make sure to register on our owner's site for service coupons, maintenance sheduling, and other great benefits.

I hear you, teddieg. Send over a PM with the VIN, dealer info, your full name, and your phone number. I'll look into this on my end.

Mariel
Thank you, done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Happy Day!! :D :D

Its been a long process, long wait but my dealer just called and let me know that my Platinum has arrived. They are in the the process of doing the PDI and installing the 2nd row console that they forgot to put on the order. They are also adding the hood emblem and Ionic CXV running boards.

Looks like it will either be tomorrow or Monday for closing the deal!

I want to give a special thanks to the Ford Service team, Tricia, Mariel, and others that I am sure I have missed. You guys (ladies) are great.

I will post some pics when I can.

For all that are still waiting. I wish nothing but the best for you!

Back