2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Happy Day!! :D :D

Its been a long process, long wait but my dealer just called and let me know that my Platinum has arrived. They are in the the process of doing the PDI and installing the 2nd row console that they forgot to put on the order. They are also adding the hood emblem and Ionic CXV running boards.

Looks like it will either be tomorrow or Monday for closing the deal!

I want to give a special thanks to the Ford Service team, Tricia, Mariel, and others that I am sure I have missed. You guys (ladies) are great.

I will post some pics when I can.

For all that are still waiting. I wish nothing but the best for you!

Congratulations on your Explorer Platinum and best of luck with it . According to my dealer I should be picking mine up on Wednesday . They are expecting the Platinum to be delivered to them on Tuesday and they are going to install the cross bars, mud flaps and wheel locks . I have also purchased the CXV running boards including about $900 worth of accessories but I am having a local high performance store installing most of the accesorries specially the running boards. I will post pictures before and after installing all the accesories.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations on your Explorer Platinum and best of luck with it . According to my dealer I should be picking mine up on Wednesday . They are expecting the Platinum to be delivered to them on Tuesday and they are going to install the cross bars, mud flaps and wheel locks . I have also purchased the CXV running boards including about $900 worth of accessories but I am having a local high performance store installing most of the accesorries specially the running boards. I will post pictures before and after installing all the accesories.

That Ex had a revised ETA of 11/15 and arrived today. Let's hope you and everyone else sees them with the new ETA's.

LOL - as for the running boards, the dealer looked at them today and told me they were wrong and would not fit. The directions say 2011-2013. I called Auto Customes and they are good and they never updated the instructions. The dealer then told me it would take 3hrs to install and would be 350.00 in labor. I calmly said I will install them. I have the ability to install them but when I was originally quoted 100.00 I wasn't going to argue.

I was visiting with a GM at a local ford dealership the other day and the topic changed to why the vehicles take so long to ship at times. He said ford use to actually own a lot of rail cars used to ship the vehicles. Apparently there was an issue with them loosing some inventory to a flood of the rail cars they owned so now they use a third party. If dodge or any other car manufacturer is willing to pay more that week for the use of the railcars then our ford vehicles that are waiting don't ship. Not sure how much true there is to this but it sounds reasonable.

Ex is being held up by Ford because the adaptive cruise control needs programming or maybe reprogramming. Why would this be done at the rail head? Now been over 2 weeks that my car has been sitting there. Does this model have too many options on it? And many of the options on the EX you can't even get on the Expedition. I still might hold out for the 2017 EX with gen 3 nav. system. Got my deposit back today.

Ex is being held up by Ford because the adaptive cruise control needs programming or maybe reprogramming. Why would this be done at the rail head? Now been over 2 weeks that my car has been sitting there. Does this model have too many options on it? And many of the options on the EX you can't even get on the Expedition. I still might hold out for the 2017 EX with gen 3 nav. system. Got my deposit back today.

Hmmm ... all 2016 Explorer Platinum models come with adaptive cruise control, so it's weird that yours would be singled out for reprogramming. I'd think all Platinums receive the same software at the factory, but maybe it's VIN-by-VIN for some reason. Also, I'd expect any necessary reprogramming to be done at your dealership -- not at the rail yard. Sounds fishy.

FWIW, I just took my Platinum on a 100+ miles highway trip today, and the adaptive cruise system worked flawlessly. Also saw my first "other Platinum" on the road today. It was black and doing about 90 mph when it passed me. Nice looking vehicle!

Does this mean they found your Explorer?

Peter

No. The sales manager's new Platinum demo is also being held up. He says he heard they were having adapt. cruise problems. I have my deposit back so I am free to move on, but I'm in no hurry. I just hate wanting something and can't have it do to no fault of mine.

No. The sales manager's new Platinum demo is also being held up. He says he heard they were having adapt. cruise problems. I have my deposit back so I am free to move on, but I'm in no hurry. I just hate wanting something and can't have it do to no fault of mine.

That's very strange . My dealer had two Platinum Explorers ( not the one I have in special order) in their inventory / in stocked two weeks ago . One was in the Blue Jeans Color and the other one was in Magnetic and they were sold the same week without any such adaptive cruise control problems or any other problems. Mine which is "supposed " to be delivered to the dealer this Wednesday is just a matter of getting it there . I have not been informed by my dealer of any known problems that is keeping the Platinum from been delivered except for what I had mentioned, just getting it from the rail yard to the dealer. The problem that your manager is having with his demo Platinum can just be an isolated case and not just affecting every Platinum Explorer.

The reasons it isn't here could be many, but I now believe none of them. Now when it does come in I will want to know the real reason its way overdue. With 2 from the same dealer being held up sounds like a dealer related problem - whether it be financial or other.

Hello Ford Fam,

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I truly appreciate your kindness, and I will be celebrating all month-long. :party:

I’m happy to learn that some of your babies have arrived! Be sure to take a peek at the cool Video How-tos. These videos are informative, and will help you all get familiar with your vehicles.

Once again, I’m here to help with your concerns, and I’ll also be happy to check the status of your orders! :thumbsup:

Tricia

Tricia, no one has any idea where my car is or when it will be delivered. Even Randi with Ford couldn't locate it. Any help is appreciated. Deant

UPDATE
I have just received a call from my salesman and my Explorer Platinum has arrived at the dealer . It is been prep and having the mud flaps, roof rail cross bars and wheel locks install and ready for pick up on Wednesday . Finally I can say the waiting paid off . Will post photos as soon as I am able to.

Well, I just got word from the dealership that my explorer has been "released" from the rail yard and hopefully will be delivered Thurs or Fri. Fingers crossed.

Happy Day!! :D :D

Its been a long process, long wait but my dealer just called and let me know that my Platinum has arrived. They are in the the process of doing the PDI and installing the 2nd row console that they forgot to put on the order. They are also adding the hood emblem and Ionic CXV running boards.

Looks like it will either be tomorrow or Monday for closing the deal!

I want to give a special thanks to the Ford Service team, Tricia, Mariel, and others that I am sure I have missed. You guys (ladies) are great.

I will post some pics when I can.

For all that are still waiting. I wish nothing but the best for you!

Just updating with a quick pic. I will take/post more but the weather has been terrible for the last 3 days. Tomorrow is supposed to clear up so hopefully I can get some nice shots to share with you.

IMG_2307_zps0ubs1nph.jpg

Tricia, no one has any idea where my car is or when it will be delivered. Even Randi with Ford couldn't locate it. Any help is appreciated...
Hello deant,

I sent you a PM. Please check your inbox when you get a chance.

UPDATE
I have just received a call from my salesman and my Explorer Platinum has arrived at the dealer . It is been prep and having the mud flaps, roof rail cross bars and wheel locks install and ready for pick up on Wednesday...

Well, I just got word from the dealership that my explorer has been "released" from the rail yard and hopefully will be delivered Thurs or Fri. Fingers crossed.
Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing the great news, and we will be waiting for pics to post.

If you have any questions, just give me a shout! :thumbsup:

Just updating with a quick pic. I will take/post more but the weather has been terrible for the last 3 days. Tomorrow is supposed to clear up so hopefully I can get some nice shots to share with you.
stever40,

Wow, it looks great! Feel free to check out the great coupons available on our owner's website for future maintenance. It's a great resource which has owner’s manuals, you can use the maintenance scheduler, review your vehicle health report, and much more!

Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Tricia

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally is here !!

Just picked up my White Platinum Explorer. As promised here are the photos of before and tomorrow I will installing the CXV running boards, doing the window tint, installing the weather tech rain side window deflectors and installing the cargo organizer and new custom made interior mats by Loyd's . Will take photos again after all the extra accessories have been installed. Definitely it was worth the wait. Best Explorer to date ever made.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg