2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Dealer called this afternoon telling us our platinum explorer in guard was waiting for us. It sure is pretty. Too dark for photos just yet. My wife is over the moon. Finally!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Guard Platinum came in today also. Took a pretty stern phone call yesterday and like magic it showed up. Still don't know the real reason for the 3 week delay, but I guess now it doesn't matter. The Guard is a beautiful color. Now they have to find out why the radio isn't reading the nav SD.

My Guard Platinum came in today also. Took a pretty stern phone call yesterday and like magic it showed up. Still don't know the real reason for the 3 week delay, but I guess now it doesn't matter. The Guard is a beautiful color. Now they have to find out why the radio isn't reading the nav SD.

Glad you got it deant!!

Congratulations deant . I'm glad your Platinum was found. Trust me it was worth the wait. Soon you will be enjoying your Explorer Platinum as much as I am enjoying mine. Best of luck with it.

My Explorer Platinum after installing the roof rack cross bars, mud flaps ,wheel locks , CXV running boards, window tinting (20% to match the rest of the windows), rear cargo organizer , rear bumper protector and Loyd's custom made floor mats. Waiting to Install the Weather Tech side windows deflectors because of the window tint. Need to wait 72 hours before installing them.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Ny1, you did a great job. Is that the ford organizer?

I really want those running boards.
Ionic's Canadian affiliate here in Canada is selling them for around $400 before shipping and taxes!

I really want those running boards.
Ionic's Canadian affiliate here in Canada is selling them for around $400 before shipping and taxes!

Hi 613GT500,

I purchased my running boards from this ebay seller and I paid $265 only since they are located in Queens NY where I live and I just went and picked them up so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Even though they don't say Ionic CXV they are the same exact running boards that Ionic is selling for $100+ more than what I paid for. They all get them from the same manufacturer in China and Ionic and other sellers because of their name sells them for more. You may have to pay customs charges since you are in Canada but I am not sure if you will be paying less even paying the customs charges . Please don't let the website fool you when you enter a 2016 Ford Explorer and it tells you that these running boards are not compatible with a 2016. As you can see they are compatible and I have already informed the seller to update their website. In any case here is the link to their ebay website in case you may want to contact them .
Best Of Luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-2014-2...ash=item3f2b0656fd:g:Z-UAAOxyWmxSaE6b&vxp=mtr

Hi 613GT500,

I purchased my running boards from this ebay seller and I paid $265 only since they are located in Queens NY where I live and I just went and picked them up so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Even though they don't say Ionic CXV they are the same exact running boards that Ionic is selling for $100+ more than what I paid for. They all get them from the same manufacturer in China and Ionic and other sellers because of their name sells them for more. You may have to pay customs charges since you are in Canada but I am not sure if you will be paying less even paying the customs charges . Please don't let the website fool you when you enter a 2016 Ford Explorer and it tells you that these running boards are not compatible with a 2016. As you can see they are compatible and I have already informed the seller to update their website. In any case here is the link to their ebay website in case you may want to contact them .
Best Of Luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-2014-2...ash=item3f2b0656fd:g:Z-UAAOxyWmxSaE6b&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the details.
At least another option to look into and if I can save some money; better than nothing.

Thanks for the details.
At least another option to look into and if I can save some money; better than nothing.

Yes it is and they also ship to Canada. When you call ask to speak to Dan, He was the guy that handled my my order and he even helped me carry the running boards and the installation kit to my car. The running boards come in one box and the installation kit with the brackets comes in another box. He will be able to help you with your order and you may end up paying much less than getting them in Canada.

Hi 613GT500,

I purchased my running boards from this ebay seller and I paid $265 only since they are located in Queens NY where I live and I just went and picked them up so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Best Of Luck.
At today's exchange rate, $265 U.S is $353.46 Canadian. Then there is shipping and tax on top of that.

Peter

Just finished installing new puddle LED lights from Drive Bright.com and they are a huge improvement over the dull OEM lights. They are the LED Puddle Light Pack the kit comes also with two LED lights that replace the ones over the license plate. 10X Brighter than stock Ford puddle lamp . It only took 5 minutes to replace and it is plug and play. The second license plate picture shows the new LED on the left and on the right is the OEM light bulb. The last picture is the original OEM puddle light. Here is the link,

http://drivebright.com/home/shop/v4-extreme-led-puddle-light-pack-brightest/

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Just finished installing new puddle LED lights from Drive Bright.com and they are a huge improvement over the dull OEM lights. They are the LED Puddle Light Pack the kit comes also with two LED lights that replace the ones over the license plate. 10X Brighter than stock Ford puddle lamp . It only took 5 minutes to replace and it is plug and play. The last picture is the original OEM puddle light. Here is the link,

http://drivebright.com/home/shop/v4-extreme-led-puddle-light-pack-brightest/

Please stop, you're influencing me to spend money. Lol

Huge delivery delay

Is there anyone out there that can help me get my platinum delivered to my dealer? It was built 9/16/15. Should have gone to Crowe Ford in Geneseo, IL. No info as to when delivery will happen. HELP!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there anyone out there that can help me get my platinum delivered to my dealer? It was built 9/16/15. Should have gone to Crowe Ford in Geneseo, IL. No info as to when delivery will happen. HELP!!!
If you haven't already, I'd start by contacting the FordService rep here to see what she can come up with. She'll need the VIN, dealer info, your full name, and your phone number. Use this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968

Peter

Back