2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

That's crazy. Over two months after being built you still don't have it and you are 2 hours from where they are made.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ny1pr, how did you get the digital speedo inside the analog speedo?

Dean, although I don't have a Platinum I looked at the 2016 Owner's Manual, page 102 (1st print), page 101 (2nd print), it looks like you can select Digital Speedo by going into the Trip 1&2 display. Not sure if that is correct as I can't check it out myself.

Peter

I READ THAT BUT YOU CAN"T ON THE platinum.

I READ THAT BUT YOU CAN"T ON THE platinum.
It must be for the Platinum because I don't believe any other model has the digital speedo readout. The Platinum has the Type 3 Information Display and on that page it refers to page 101 for all settings.
I guess we'll have to wait for NY1PR2012 or other Platinum owners to jump in here. Sorry I couldn't help.

Peter

It must be for the Platinum because I don't believe any other model has the digital speedo readout. The Platinum has the Type 3 Information Display and on that page it refers to page 101 for all settings.
I guess we'll have to wait for NY1PR2012 or other Platinum owners to jump in here. Sorry I couldn't help.

Peter

Peter, the info for the Platinum display starts on page 110, type 3.

Peter

Just spent half an hour in my Platinum, stepping through every info-display menu several times. I was unable to find any setting to enable/disable the speedometer's digital readout. My Platinum shows the digital MPH readout right in the center of the analog speedometer. I believe it's always been there -- and I like it -- so I've never attempted to turn it off.

I also looked at my owners manual, and there's no mention of the digital MPH readout for the Type 3 Information Display as found in the Platinum.

Sorry that I'm unable to help with this one.

Hi deant, The digital speedometer display was already set up in the car when I picked it up from the dealer. It does show your MPH as well as the speed limit on the current road/highway you are on which is something nice to see when you are driving. I haven't really play with the settings in the Platinum besides just checking to make sure everything was enabled but I will take another look tomorrow and I will get back to you to see how is turn on (if there is a way to do it)

As far as the manual type 3 display which is the one in the Platinums models it does starts on page 110. From what I can read all you need to do is From the main menu bar on the left side
of the information display, you can choose
from the following categories:
• Trip 1 & 2.
• Fuel Economy.
• Driver Assist.
• Settings.

Choose settings then scroll down until you get to Speedometer and I believe you will have to check enabled so the digital display appears on the screen.

( Speedometer km/h - check enabled or uncheck disabled
meter)

Hope this helps and this is all you need to do to enable it on your screen.

Hi deant, The digital speedometer display was already set up in the car when I picked it up from the dealer. It does show your MPH as well as the speed limit on the current road/highway you are on which is something nice to see when you are driving. I haven't really play with the settings in the Platinum besides just checking to make sure everything was enabled but I will take another look tomorrow and I will get back to you to see how is turn on (if there is a way to do it)

As far as the manual type 3 display which is the one in the Platinums models it does starts on page 110. From what I can read all you need to do is From the main menu bar on the left side
of the information display, you can choose
from the following categories:
• Trip 1 & 2.
• Fuel Economy.
• Driver Assist.
• Settings.

Choose settings then scroll down until you get to Speedometer and I believe you will have to check enabled so the digital display appears on the screen.

( Speedometer km/h - check enabled or uncheck disabled
meter)

Hope this helps and this is all you need to do to enable it on your screen.
I think the only time you can get the digital speedo is when the lane keeping function is turned off. That is located on the end of the turn signal control. Could be wrong???

Just spent half an hour in my Platinum, stepping through every info-display menu several times. I was unable to find any setting to enable/disable the speedometer's digital readout. My Platinum shows the digital MPH readout right in the center of the analog speedometer. I believe it's always been there -- and I like it -- so I've never attempted to turn it off.

I also looked at my owners manual, and there's no mention of the digital MPH readout for the Type 3 Information Display as found in the Platinum.

Sorry that I'm unable to help with this one.

I think the only time you can get the digital speedo is when the lane keeping function is turned off. That is located on the end of the turn signal control. Could be wrong???

Haven't tried that. When you do the speedo thing that just adds the kilometer ring inside the mph ring. Have u tried the lane change thing yet. Don't think dig speedo can show up as the car outline is there for doors open, etc.

Haven't tried that. When you do the speedo thing that just adds the kilometer ring inside the mph ring. Have u tried the lane change thing yet. Don't think dig speedo can show up as the car outline is there for doors open, etc.
Yes I use the lane keeping function all the time it is a nice safety feature. The active cruise control is amazing. Digital speedo is nice but not very important

All I want to do is see the dig readout.

Bill, went to the car and pushed end button an wa la. Now I have seen it. Still haven't found it in the book yet. Thanks for solving my issue. Dean

With mine on hold until "October or probably later" reconfirmed by my dealer, I went to see and drive one in person today. I am trying to determine if it is worth the wait. Two were available today in Chicagoland - one white one ruby red, both 2nd row bucket no console. The salesman knew nothing about hold or delay and has had his for a week or so. I was unimpressed with the interior. I was looking for what may be the flaw and may of found two. The worse was the 2nd seat electric fold system. When you push the button, it is like releasing a big spring. First the seat back folds fast then Bang! the whole thing flings forward and slams into the front seat. Make sure your arms or hands are out of the way and that you folded the headrest out of the way. I was looking for kids to have an easy way to the 3rd seats with push button ease but not this sling shot. This has to be a flaw IMO. I keep hearing of problems with the leather so I looked hard. If I had to name a color, white is all that describes it IMO. Fingerprints were evident with 30 miles on the car. The perforations on white leather show thru to a dark background making it seem dirty if you know what I mean. The last complaint is that there seems to be a lot of black plastic throughout the interior. This is not too unusual but I expected a more luxurious look for Platinum. I know I'm being critical but I drove an Enclave (blasfmy on this forum ) earlier today and wife and I both thought the Buick more elegant inside. The ruby red exterior was superb and perpendicular parking and other electronics were fantastic. I am conflicted and will sleep on the decision a while.

I'm in the first week of ownership of my Ex Sport and I just tried out the electric folding system on the second row chairs... hmm not the best of designs... the right chair disengaged the lock and sprung forward with some force but didn't hit the front seat as it was positioned too far forward. The left seat tried to disengage after it folded however there must be a misalignment somewhere and it gave up, leaving the seat semi locked; an adjustment is necessary I guess....it'll be on the list for the garage to sort out.

I've had my Explorer Platinum for 1 year and 11,000 miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Just wish it had Sync 3

I've had my Explorer Platinum for 1 year and 11,000 miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Just wish it had Sync 3
Hope I can say that next year as well, although it will likely take me 3 years to hit that mileage figure.:)

Peter

Back