2016 Seat Removal cause any trouble lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Seat Removal cause any trouble lights?

thebullwinkle

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Just ordered a 2016 Explorer Limited. We have long road trip scheduled when we get it and I was considering removing the passenger side middle seat row seat.(7 passenger). Will it cause an airbag light or other issue if I remove the seat? The bolts are very accessible but I did notice a harness with 6 or so wires. Anyone else already do this?

Thanks,
Joe

Just ordered a 2016 Explorer Limited. We have long road trip scheduled when we get it and I was considering removing the passenger side middle seat row seat.(7 passenger). Will it cause an airbag light or other issue if I remove the seat? The bolts are very accessible but I did notice a harness with 6 or so wires. Anyone else already do this?

Thanks,
Joe

If you disconnect the seat belt wires then you should see an Airbag code.

I do believe this resets everytime the vehicle is started during a self test.

So you should see a light when disconnected then when you put the seats back in it should go away.

I thought that might be the case. I'm not sure if there is an occupancy module in that seat. Side(roof)air bags often deploy even when no one is sitting on the same side as the impact making me wonder if they just deploy based on the impact not the passengers. I may still give it a try.

Thanks for the reply!

Joe

Back