2017 and 2018 parts interchangeability | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 and 2018 parts interchangeability

SLail

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT (MXV)
Hey guys, would anyone happen to know if you can swap out exterior bits and pieces from the 2018 explorer to the 2017 ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess it would depend on what "bits and pieces" you are talking about. I normally use the AutoNation Ford parts site to compare parts but the parts for the 2018 are not listed yet so I'm guessing that also applies to other sites as well. Have you tried Fordparts.com ?

Peter

The main differences from what I know of is/are the foglights, tail pipes and bumper skins are different in 18 from the 16/17 years.

I don't see why they would change any of the hard mounting points on the vehicle for the front and rear fascia - I don't think any sheetmetal was changed at all.

If you want to know for sure, you can do what a lot of benchmarking companies and manufacturers do and rent one from Enterprise for a day and take it apart... ;-)

Thanks for the help guys, my apologies for the late reply, life has been quite busy

Back