2017 Bucket Seats and Dogs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Bucket Seats and Dogs

XMASFETT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 EXPLORER LIMITED 4X4
Hello, JUST purchased my vehicle a few days ago and am wondering how other members transport their dog with the vehicle having 2nd row bucket seats? Also, what is the best seat protector? Our dog is a big part of our family and we love to take her everywhere. (yellow Lab and I have blk leather interior). I could not get the bench seats as I had major issues with the dealership(long story). So the bucket seats I had to compromise on. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Dana

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im guessing you want to put you dog in the 2nd row, I can't help you there. We just chuck our lab behind the second row(with the 3rd row folded)....although it's out of necessity since I have 2 car seats in the 2nd row buckets.

Hello, JUST purchased my vehicle a few days ago and am wondering how other members transport their dog with the vehicle having 2nd row bucket seats? Also, what is the best seat protector? Our dog is a big part of our family and we love to take her everywhere. (yellow Lab and I have blk leather interior). I could not get the bench seats as I had major issues with the dealership(long story). So the bucket seats I had to compromise on. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Dana
Welcome to the Forum Dana.:wave:
My dogs also ride in the back on the cargo liner with the 3rd row folded. I believe this may have been discussed before. I'll see if I can find anything on it or similar issue.
Here is what I found using the Forum's 'Search' feature.
Seat Covers
Canvasback Custom Cargo Liners
Third row for dog? Covercraft

Peter

There are several websites that can help you with options. Drs Foster Smith, Auto Anything.com are just 2 of them. Our Black lab/Mountain Lab loves to ride with us. We have a full seat protector as well as a harness for her. Check them out.

One thing to take into consideration with seat covers is the air bags. If that is the route you chose, make sure the covers are the type that will not interfere with the deployment of the seatback air bags.

Peter

Have a 2015 Limited with 2nd row buckets, I added the console so when I lay the seats down it's level. Use Canvasback covers.

Have a 2015 Limited with 2nd row buckets, I added the console so when I lay the seats down it's level. Use Canvasback covers.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Only the belts inflate in the rear if you have such option so the rear seat covers should have zero interference with airbags.

Back