• Register Today It's free!

2017 exhaust melts bumper

HWinks

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XlT
We just pruchased a new explorer and within a week the exhaust has began melting the surrounding part of the bumper cover. We have looked and it's doesn't look like the exhaust is is bent but that one side is a little higher than the other. Has anybody experienced this before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a first. Either mounting point or a hanger is off. Warranty.. take it in.

That is a first. Either mounting point or a hanger is off. Warranty.. take it in.
Thanks! We made an appointment. They hadn't ever seen it either so it had me worried

We just pruchased a new explorer and within a week the exhaust has began melting the surrounding part of the bumper cover. We have looked and it's doesn't look like the exhaust is is bent but that one side is a little higher than the other. Has anybody experienced this before?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
That must be one hot ride you have there.;)

Peter

EcoBoost doing a DPF Regen? :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I can't imagine the sight of one of these bumpers melting.

EcoBoost doing a DPF Regen? :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I can't imagine the sight of one of these bumpers melting.
It is an interesting sight. The dealer had never seen this before. They feel it's an alignment issue and they also found that a clip in the bumper wasn't fully latched which may have caused it to sag

Back