2017 Explorer Engine mount missing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Engine mount missing?

Shane Turner

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer sport
Good afternoon I was changing the oil in my wife's 2017 Ford Explorer sport. I noticed a bracket missing or looks like it should have one. I looked up mounts but not sure if my 2017 had one or not. I'm posting pictures of the brackets and bolt holes.

20210124_145309.jpg

20210124_150935.jpg

Screenshot_20210125-140432_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210125-140420_Chrome.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't shake at all. Some illustrations don't have the mount listed. That's why I was wondering if its suppose to have one or did the change it to a different design.

Screenshot_20210125-191109_Chrome.jpg

Mine has the number 11 on the rear. The one I'm asking about is on the front.
Sorry. Are you missing the engine support rod? Assume yes after reading again. That's not technically a mount in the traditional sense. Idk about that one if that is what you are missing....maybe engine specific.

Sorry. Are you missing the engine support rod? Assume yes after reading again. That's not technically a mount in the traditional sense. Idk about that one if that is what you are missing....maybe engine specific.
Yes the engine support rod and bolts

I just checked my 14 Sport and it has that support rod. Not sure if yours is missing or just omitted. I highly doubt it's the latter.

I can say when I upgraded my mount's to some poly bushings/upgraded design that I removed 2 them, one being the one you are missing.

Was the mount replaced/needed? My wife's 2018 explorer sport is missing the same thing.

Back