2017 Explorer Limited Reverse lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Limited Reverse lights

Frankie Smith

Reaction score
City, State
Hagerstown
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hello all. This is my first post. I apologize if this topic has been covered but i am still getting used to this forum site and the search didnt give me anything. I have had our 2017 Explorer Limited exactly 1 day now. Tonight is the first time I have had to use the reverse lights in the dark. Are these things really that terrible?. I couldn't see anything. I even got out to check to make sure the lights were on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

agree 100% with you.
Looking into putting some brighter bulbs in it ( they are 7740)

Reverse lights are designed to let others know of your intent to back up. Not to light up the area like off road lights.

I went with LED's and mine are MUCH brighter, not only for me to be seen but to SEE where I am going and helps the camera with lighting too.

With the exception of the highbeams (tight spot to work in); I've pretty muched swapped out all non-LED exterior bulbs.
Even the darn amber halogen front turn signals are washed out by the LED lows, as I can be signalling from a mile away to turn right and the vehicle up front waits until I'm at the turn; before commiting.

Hello all. This is my first post. I apologize if this topic has been covered but i am still getting used to this forum site and the search didnt give me anything. I have had our 2017 Explorer Limited exactly 1 day now. Tonight is the first time I have had to use the reverse lights in the dark. Are these things really that terrible?. I couldn't see anything. I even got out to check to make sure the lights were on.
Welcome to the Forum Frankie.:wave:
Found this thread using the 'Search' feature; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/led-reverse-light-upgrade.386235/
It might be useful if you are considering LED.

Peter

I went with LED's and mine are MUCH brighter, not only for me to be seen but to SEE where I am going and helps the camera with lighting too.

Which LEDs did you go with? There’s so many off brands out there I can’t figurenout which ones offer good quality at a decent price.

I'm running Sylvania ZEVOs and they look great in the reverse housing.

Which LEDs did you go with? There’s so many off brands out there I can’t figurenout which ones offer good quality at a decent price.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back