2017 Explorer Platinum poor MPG

Florentin Polmolea

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Maria
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hi Everybody,

I have an 2017 Explorer Platinum bought it about 8 months ago, the first 3 - 4 tanks filled, the mpg was around 21 highway and 16 city, after I could not get more then 19 highway ans 12 in city, I am driveing 99% in town but where I live it is not crowdy so I do not spend to much time in traffic.
What the computer show it is what I get. With a Full tank I get around 200 miles. I addressed my concern to the Ford dealer in Santa Maria, CA when I get my first service at 5K and they told me that they could not find any issue so they just reset the computer. They keep the car all day in service for oil change and tires rotation and check the MPG and when I asked them why it take so many hours just for this service they told me that they was communicated back and forward with ford about the poor MPG ( which I seriously doubted viewing that they didn't reset even the oil meter). I asked them to check and change the sensors if necessary but seams this is to complicated for Santa Maria service. I am getting the same poor MPG as before to serviced the car.
Does anybody experience the same issue?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Santa Maria Ford Lincoln? Read the reviews on dealerrater.com. Welcome to the forum! Santa Maria is a nice area, I grew up in Atascadero.

Thank you for the link, Yes it is a nice area, Atascadero as well.

I know which will not be my next car!!
I'd try a different dealer, my dad had good luck at Perry Ford in San Luis. I've only bought parts from there, I have not had a new car in 20 years.

This is a lease, and I got it from Perry Ford in Santa Barbara, very nice experience with them, It is just not very convenient for me to go there from Santa Maria but I already regreat it that I didn't do it. I'll go there next time. I have very bad experience with the Ford dealer in Santa Maria, 3 and a half years ago when I got a lease from them and took the survey, the next time I was there the sale agent came to me and told me " thank you for the bad review, you just cut my bonus".
At least this time they didn't make me pay for the oil change , tires rotation and "MPG check" but they keept my car from 8AM to 4PM in the service, maybe they bill Ford for all this hours, I don't know how it work.

Back