• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Sport

bigmiketino

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
My AC was blowing warm brand new 10,000 miles on her. Ford dealer tells me that Ford forgot to charge my AC . Has anyone ever heard of the factory not charging the AC.??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never heard of it. The way the assembly lines work, it is one person's job to do the same thing over and over every 50 seconds or so. I find it hard to believe this would be skipped on 1 vehicle going down the line.

Mismatched parts, yes because all they do is grab the next part in line but physically forgetting to put Freon in (whatever it is these days).. I don't buy it.

My AC was blowing warm brand new 10,000 miles on her. Ford dealer tells me that Ford forgot to charge my AC . Has anyone ever heard of the factory not charging the AC.??
No. It cannot happen. I worked in a gm assembly plant for years and the car has too many quality control checks to go thru. And the ac fill is one of them.

Guess I will be back there with my $50,000 dollar brand new truck for no AC again....lol unbelievable

Perhaps there is a system leak. I guess you'll find out if they just filled it. Did you have A/C issues before? You mentioned "no AC again."

Peter

Perhaps there is a system leak. I guess you'll find out if they just filled it. Did you have A/C issues before? You mentioned "no AC again."

Peter

Bought the truck over the winter never really noticed tec said they pulled a vacuum and it held but I dont believe them lol

She is back at the dealer cant find the leak all freon leaked out in two weeks so its a pretty substantial leak.

She is back at the dealer cant find the leak all freon leaked out in two weeks so its a pretty substantial leak.

Yeah, that’s a pretty substantial leak. They should charge it up and throw some dye in the system. That should be easy to find in my opinion.

Back