• Register Today It's free!

2017 HVAC Blower Surges/Pulses

Tuckasee

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Has anyone seen a problem where the front HVAC blower quickly and frequently changes speeds while running? This pulsing/surging occurs while idle and while driving.

I replaced the blower motor resistor... but it did not fix the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Is your climate control set to 'Auto' or Manual? IN the auto mode it will change fan speeds to maintain the set temperature but it sounds like yours is doing it almost constantly. If it is not in 'Auto' then I can see there is an issue. Is this a new issue?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Is your climate control set to 'Auto' or Manual? IN the auto mode it will change fan speeds to maintain the set temperature but it sounds like yours is doing it almost constantly. If it is not in 'Auto' then I can see there is an issue. Is this a new issue?

Peter
Yes, the climate control is set to "Auto." And the fan speed is changing constantly--literally every second or two.

I first noticed the issue a few weeks ago. It happened randomly at first, but now it happens 75%+ of the time.

Yes, the climate control is set to "Auto." And the fan speed is changing constantly--literally every second or two.

I first noticed the issue a few weeks ago. It happened randomly at first, but now it happens 75%+ of the time.
How is the health of your vehicle battery?

How is the health of your vehicle battery?
I just had the battery tested, and it passed. The date shows that the battery is less than two years old, and it output more cranking amps than the battery is rated for.

Back