2017 ordering | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Last update from fordservice:

<< It arrived to your dealer on Wednesday, JoeFed!! Be sure to contact your dealer if they haven’t called you yet. Congrats and enjoy!!>>

So, my dealer hasn't called me, Saturdays and Sundays they are closed, so I went to check their parking lot.....and there it was right in front of one of their access gates!!
I sent an email to the vendor, tomorrow I will go see him in person, I am really not happy that they didn't call me yet, I think they are delaying to show the X to other possible clients!!! I also noticed a scratch on the tail hook plastic cover... nothing serious I hope they will fix it.

Pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/CCBPpeEqtr5rNks49

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last update from fordservice:

<< It arrived to your dealer on Wednesday, JoeFed!! Be sure to contact your dealer if they haven’t called you yet. Congrats and enjoy!!>>

So, my dealer hasn't called me, Saturdays and Sundays they are closed, so I went to check their parking lot.....and there it was right in front of one of their access gates!!
I sent an email to the vendor, tomorrow I will go see him in person, I am really not happy that they didn't call me yet, I think they are delaying to show the X to other possible clients!!! I also noticed a scratch on the tail hook plastic cover... nothing serious I hope they will fix it.

Pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/CCBPpeEqtr5rNks49
It looks likes it hasn't been prepped yet (61 on rear window) and they are waiting until that has been done before calling. That mark on the tow hitch cover looks like it might just need some buffing. Hard to tell.

Peter

Well, my longer wait seems to have come with the benefit of another $1,000 added on the the prior $1,000.
If it would have come in on time, I would have received zero....

Well, my longer wait seems to have come with the benefit of another $1,000 added on the the prior $1,000.
If it would have come in on time, I would have received zero....

Yeah we got the extra $1,000 ford loyalty as well.

FYI, my dealer need to copy one of our ford vehicle titles to be able to claim the rebate. Make sure you bring one with you.

I am scheduled to pick up my X tomorrow morning, whooohoo!

I am scheduled to pick up my X tomorrow morning, whooohoo!
Make sure to look it over carefully before driving it off the lot.

Peter

Is there anyone left in here or do I have to pay the Bar Tab just saw them unloading our sport at the dealer this afternoon its been a long wait since May

Is there anyone left in here or do I have to pay the Bar Tab just saw them unloading our sport at the dealer this afternoon its been a long wait since May

Wait...... Bartender... I'll have a cheeseburger and a rum and coke....... Ok now pay it........

So, I got my X finally, a few issues on the car I will need to bring it back for service!

1) One of the external black gloss window struts is cracked, they showed me and already ordered the part.

2) There is a slightly little bump right under the SPORT tag on the back trunk, they said it is no issue they will pull it out.

3) The last row seats, the carpet underneath the seats came down it wont stay in position specially when you fold / unfold the seats, they will fix it.

4) Right over the left back light the paint has a drop in it's texture, I advised one of the ford service techs at the dealer not sure what we will do about it.

5) Random pieces of black paper scotch tape torn in the motor compartment.

Ford's quality control completely missed on my X.

I've been sitting over here in the corner, sipping on my JD on the rocks, since April. The tab is mine now.

So, I got my X finally, a few issues on the car I will need to bring it back for service!

1) One of the external black gloss window struts is cracked, they showed me and already ordered the part.

2) There is a slightly little bump right under the SPORT tag on the back trunk, they said it is no issue they will pull it out.

3) The last row seats, the carpet underneath the seats came down it wont stay in position specially when you fold / unfold the seats, they will fix it.

4) Right over the left back light the paint has a drop in it's texture, I advised one of the ford service techs at the dealer not sure what we will do about it.

5) Random pieces of black paper scotch tape torn in the motor compartment.

Ford's quality control completely missed on my X.

Am I the only one having these issues?

Am I the only one having these issues?

The only issue I had was that it wasn't very clean when I picked it up.......

I bought mine last month off the lot. Only issue was a persistent "chirp" in the back over every bump on the road which presented itself after the test drive and the car was prepped and I took delivery. (On the drive home of course) I traced it down to the interior panel on the rear hatch which was not completely attached. A few fist bumps in the right spots seated the clips. I've had no other complaints, they prepped it while I completed the paperwork and it was spotless.

I have this same issue on my Platinum.

I'm still her in the corner sipping on a Manhattan.
The vehicle was built a month ago, and we are hoping its finally going to be delivered to the dealer sometime this week.

I'm still her in the corner sipping on a Manhattan.
The vehicle was built a month ago, and we are hoping its finally going to be delivered to the dealer sometime this week.

I'll have a rum and coke..... Make it a double.... Brought my X in to have all the interior lights changed out to led..... While I was waiting I bought a Used Mustang Convertible..... Now I got to get two vehicles home...... At least I didn't order one......

Well, I guess I might as well rent a room upstairs of this bar. You know, the room that they rent by the hour.. I have no other place to go for a while.
I'll be the drunk in the corner for the next month or so.

I guess my X that was built 5 weeks ago is still at the Chicago plant on quality hold. I guess there is a part that affected "some" Explorers, and until they can correct/replace said part, the vehicles won't be released from the plant.
Next delivery date is at the end of this month..

On the bright side, my dealer is honering all rebates that come and go. As of this weekend, there is a $2,500 rebate available on my purchase.
Match that with the 3k under invoice price for Fords screw up, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Anyone have an idea of what part is causing the delay??

Well..... You can buy a round for the house with all those rebates........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I guess I might as well rent a room upstairs of this bar. You know, the room that they rent by the hour.. I have no other place to go for a while.
I'll be the drunk in the corner for the next month or so.

I guess my X that was built 5 weeks ago is still at the Chicago plant on quality hold. I guess there is a part that affected "some" Explorers, and until they can correct/replace said part, the vehicles won't be released from the plant.
Next delivery date is at the end of this month..

On the bright side, my dealer is honering all rebates that come and go. As of this weekend, there is a $2,500 rebate available on my purchase.
Match that with the 3k under invoice price for Fords screw up, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Anyone have an idea of what part is causing the delay??
Well I think there have really only been 2 real issues with the 2016 models. The cooling fan bearing noise and the throttle body. I wonder if they ran out of supplies for one of those. I haven't heard about anything else about the current model. It seems that there have been a few members receiving their Explorers lately. I wonder if Dfred has anything to do with this?;)

Peter

Back