2017 ordering | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Just an update on my order...

So my car was supposed to be delivered on the week of Oct 3rd. Cotusb was showing a delivery date of Oct 6th. Ford rep on this forum also previously confirmed that I should be getting my car on Oct 6th.

Today is OCT 10th and I still haven't received my car. The dealer has no idea what's going on. Cotusb has now removed the delivery date and has nothing instead. The ford rep on this forum is saying that my car is still in production and not sure why the delay.

In my last visit to my ford dealer, I decided to visit the GMC dealer next door to my Ford dealer to test drive the newly redesigned Acadia. Man I love this car. I worked out a very good deal for the SLT2. Part of me is now hoping that the EX would not be here in 90 days so I can cancel my EX order without losing my deposit and get the new Acadia instead. My 90 days ends on Nov 2nd.
Perhaps it is one of the vehicles that is on 'HOLD' and the "back in production" part shows it is being worked on to fix whatever issue there was.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This Wednesday will make 7 weeks that mine has been on hold and listed as "in production".

7 weeks on hold, Exp was ordered early July, built August 24th.
Now I'm getting nervous. . . I ordered on September 25th and still haven't heard anything.

You should get a VIN any day now. Sit back, relax, and plan the modifications.

You should get a VIN any day now. Sit back, relax, and plan the modifications.
I already ordered the winter tires from Costco, bought the rims and TPMS off of eBay, and had the tires mounted. No Explorer, but it's shiny wheels are already sitting in my garage. All that the first two to three weeks of waiting. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in oil research. If I don't get a VIN soon I'll have figured out perpetual motion or maybe hovercar technology before too long. . . And who knows what could happen if that fell into the wrong hands. For the sake of humanity, Ford, build me my Explorer soon!

I already ordered the winter tires from Costco, bought the rims and TPMS off of eBay, and had the tires mounted. No Explorer, but it's shiny wheels are already sitting in my garage. All that the first two to three weeks of waiting. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in oil research. If I don't get a VIN soon I'll have figured out perpetual motion or maybe hovercar technology before too long. . . And who knows what could happen if that fell into the wrong hands. For the sake of humanity, Ford, build me my Explorer soon!
You should see if you can get a bit of a discount from the dealer seeing as Ford is offering at no additional charge, Winter tires, rims and TPMS.

Peter

You should see if you can get a bit of a discount from the dealer seeing as Ford is offering at no additional charge, Winter tires, rims and TPMS.

Peter
The incentives in place when I ordered (Employee Pricing and Costco rebate) mean I already got a very l, very good price. Doubt there's much wiggle-room since they're already dipping into holdback on my deal. Hope that doesn't mean my priority suffers.

Now I'm getting nervous. . . I ordered on September 25th and still haven't heard anything.
You’re welcomed to check with me, RCWestcott. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number; I’ll check on it for you.

Deysha

You’re welcomed to check with me, RCWestcott. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number; I’ll check on it for you.

Deysha
A big thanks to Deysha for tracking down my VIN. The waiting game continues, but at least now I have proof it's in the system. I can live with that (for now).

A big thanks to Deysha for tracking down my VIN. The waiting game continues, but at least now I have proof it's in the system. I can live with that (for now).
You’re very welcome, RCWestcott!

Deysha

Anyone knows what paint color (Black vs. Smoked Quartz) exactly matches (or very close) the grill on EX Sport 2017?

Anyone knows what paint color (Black vs. Smoked Quartz) exactly matches (or very close) the grill on EX Sport 2017?

Smoked Quartz has some blue flecks in it, the grill is gloss black.

Do you know what color is the police cruisers?
Just an update on my order...

So my car was supposed to be delivered on the week of Oct 3rd. Cotusb was showing a delivery date of Oct 6th. Ford rep on this forum also previously confirmed that I should be getting my car on Oct 6th.

Today is OCT 10th and I still haven't received my car. The dealer has no idea what's going on. Cotusb has now removed the delivery date and has nothing instead. The ford rep on this forum is saying that my car is still in production and not sure why the delay.

In my last visit to my ford dealer, I decided to visit the GMC dealer next door to my Ford dealer to test drive the newly redesigned Acadia. Man I love this car. I worked out a very good deal for the SLT2. Part of me is now hoping that the EX would not be here in 90 days so I can cancel my EX order without losing my deposit and get the new Acadia instead. My 90 days ends on Nov 2nd.

So my car is till in production as per my dealer and the Ford rep on this forum. This marks the 9th week since I ordered and it seems that it will take few weeks more. I have a couple of questions for you guys:
1-My dealer offered to sell me a EX Sport with the same options that I ordered on my Limited if I pay the diffidence. (~$1400 + Ontario Tax). The only difference between the 2 builds is that I will be getting the ecoboost engine with the Sport. Is that worth the ~$1400 upgrade?
2-I see that ford is now offering -$750 delivery allowance. Since my car is not delivered yet, can I ask this to be added to my already discounted (Employee pricing event) order?

Thanks

So my car is till in production as per my dealer and the Ford rep on this forum. This marks the 9th week since I ordered and it seems that it will take few weeks more. I have a couple of questions for you guys:
1-My dealer offered to sell me a EX Sport with the same options that I ordered on my Limited if I pay the diffidence. (~$1400 + Ontario Tax). The only difference between the 2 builds is that I will be getting the ecoboost engine with the Sport. Is that worth the ~$1400 upgrade?
2-I see that ford is now offering -$750 delivery allowance. Since my car is not delivered yet, can I ask this to be added to my already discounted (Employee pricing event) order?

Thanks

The engine alone is well worth the $1400, never mind all the suspension upgrades and monochromatic detailing. DO IT!

That said be careful you understand exactly what the options were on your Limited and what your getting on the Sport. BECAUSE there are options on the Limited that you CANNOT get on a Sport. Sometimes salesman don't understand those minor details.

The P.I. Utility and Sedan come Shadow Black for those who are going to use white wrap to make them a "Marked" unit. Otherwise you can order any of the retail colours. They also have Special Order Paint programs for large Fleets. Like Michigan State Police get all their units a Special Order blue colour.

The engine alone is well worth the $1400, never mind all the suspension upgrades and monochromatic detailing. DO IT!

That said be careful you understand exactly what the options were on your Limited and what your getting on the Sport. BECAUSE there are options on the Limited that you CANNOT get on a Sport. Sometimes salesman don't understand those minor details.

The P.I. Utility and Sedan come Shadow Black for those who are going to use white wrap to make them a "Marked" unit. Otherwise you can order any of the retail colours. They also have Special Order Paint programs for large Fleets. Like Michigan State Police get all their units a Special Order blue colour.
The options I ordered on the limited were:
A301 package
Twin Moonroof
Adaptive cruise control

Anything there that I cannot get on the sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks
Are you sure the Ecoboost is the only difference. The Limited has several options that are not available on the Sport. heck carefully. You won't regret the Sport's engine. As for incentives, you get either those in force when you ordered OR those available when you take delivery. You can't get both.
Did a very quick check. Sport does not have rain sensing wipers and I didn't see where it had the parking features. It does have class III tow package as standard and can have the 500 Watt sound system (optional)
Peter

Back