2017 PIU Leather Seat Upgrade from 2015 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 PIU Leather Seat Upgrade from 2015 XLT

Regulator99

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Police Interceptor
I am looking to swap my cloth seats from my 2017 PUI with leather seats from a 2015 XLT. Has anyone done this swap or a swap from newer XLT to an older PUI?

I would like to understand if the bolt patterns are the same and if the airbags would be a problem. From what I’ve gathered from other threads the connectors on the power should be the same, but I may need to add a power supply to the passengers seat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to say welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

The bolt patterns are the same, however there might be an issue with the plugs. I’m currently trying to install sport seats into a utility model and the sport model has two big plugs, and the vehicle only has one. It does plug in but the seat does not work.

The bolt patterns are the same, however there might be an issue with the plugs. I’m currently trying to install sport seats into a utility model and the sport model has two big plugs, and the vehicle only has one. It does plug in but the seat does not work.
As I mentioned in a reply to your other post, the Sport seats probably have different features than the ones in the PIU so could have different wiring.

Peter

16+ xlt+ seats in an interceptor require you to swap the front black mounting bar. 13-15 xlt+ seats are a direct fit in any interceptor 13-19.

also note: there are 3 types of stitching in black leather: white, black and red.

Back