2017 XLT 3.5L. Travel Trailer Recommendation? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

2017 XLT 3.5L. Travel Trailer Recommendation?

ebarton25

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 3.5L
Hello all. Have a brand new 2017 Explorer with a class III tow package and would like to get a travel trailer to trek across the US. I've looked at a few trailers but am apprehensive about the weight. I need to sleep at least 3 maybe more. What should I consider? Thanks!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hello all. Have a brand new 2017 Explorer with a class III tow package and would like to get a travel trailer to trek across the US. I've looked at a few trailers but am apprehensive about the weight. I need to sleep at least 3 maybe more. What should I consider? Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I have edited the thread title to make it unique from others. In all likelihood you will need a weight distribution hitch for what you want to tow.

Peter