2017 XLT - Rear-view mirror wire harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 XLT - Rear-view mirror wire harness

Thunderwink

Reaction score
City, State
Murray, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 XLT
I've searched numerous threads, but I haven't found an answer for my 2017 XLT.

I'm trying to do a power wire tap for a radar detector, and I cannot find a diagram that is correct for my vehicle.

Anybody know which is powered (switched) and which is a ground?

Many thanks in advance.

GKO6GFv.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing you don't have a meter. That would make things little easier. The following post mentions a light blue/white and a black wire. That is from a 2014 Owner. It is hard to see but it looks like you may have those as well. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...ing-radar-detector.316759/page-6#post-3366911
Did you see this thread? It is a 2016 which should be similar to a 2017, I think.

Peter

I'm guessing you don't have a meter. That would make things little easier. The following post mentions a light blue/white and a black wire. That is from a 2014 Owner. It is hard to see but it looks like you may have those as well. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...ing-radar-detector.316759/page-6#post-3366911
Did you see this thread? It is a 2016 which should be similar to a 2017, I think.

Peter

Thanks. I hadn't seen that thread before. Maybe I'll just tap into map light instead. I'm not sure the pins on the tap wires I have are narrow enough to slide into the harness anyway.

Oh, and my comment on the radar detector debate on that thread: perhaps it's an urban legend, but I've heard there have been studies that show that drivers using radar detectors have fewer accidents, presumably because they are more engaged and invested in their driving. That's my case. I've been using radar detectors accident-free for 30 years.

I have the same rear view mirror wiring harness as you.

The blue wire with the brown stripe is the 12v positive, and the blue wire with the white stripe (above it) is the 12v negative.

This circuit is only live with accessory power (or when the vehicle is running).

I hardwired my dash cam into this circuit earlier today.

I've searched numerous threads, but I haven't found an answer for my 2017 XLT.

I'm trying to do a power wire tap for a radar detector, and I cannot find a diagram that is correct for my vehicle.

Anybody know which is powered (switched) and which is a ground?

Many thanks in advance.

I have the same rear view mirror wiring harness as you.

The blue wire with the brown stripe is the 12v positive, and the blue wire with the white stripe (above it) is the 12v negative.

This circuit is only live with accessory power (or when the vehicle is running).

I hardwired my dash cam into this circuit earlier today.

Peter

Back