2017 XLT stereo upgrade options? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 XLT stereo upgrade options?

digilink

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hi guys,
Proud to say that I drove home my new 2017 XLT 4WD from the dealer's lot a few nights ago. I absolutely love the vehicle, it's magnetic gray with black (cloth) interior. It was priced just right and they gave me what I wanted in my trade so I'm a happy camper :)

One concern I have is the ability to upgrade the factory stereo. It's the Sync My Ford system (base system). I don't need navigation or anything like that as I use my phone for those features, but would like to potentially explore it in the future.

That being said:

- is there an upgrade path to drop in a navigation based unit (Ford or aftermarket) and retain my SiriusXM radio as well as the rear camera/proximity sensor?

I keep reading some conflicting things, and would be curious if someone has started down this road already. I don't mind the system that's in there now, but one thing that does bug me is lack of a dedicated bluetooth audio button, havingt to use Sync to select is not as convenient and took me a few days to figure out how it works. I can live with it, but not preferable and that's what's got me thinking about upgrades.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
According to the 2017 Order Guide, the XLT has Sync 3 as standard equipment. There are aftermarket units to upgrade MFT Sync 2 but I haven't read or seen anything about Sync 3.

Peter

Back