2018 Explorer limited electrical issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer limited electrical issue

Southga2018

Reaction score
City, State
VALDOSTA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
I hope this is where i need to post this issue. My 2018 Explorer Limited is having some issues. Last week i noticed that it was not starting as crisp as it normally does. It did start but on my way into town the display gauges were acting up. Distance to empty was actually counting up to the right distance vs displaying it right away. Well. after i got home i parked it like always. The next morning it would not start and it was saying "full power acc on" , see owners manual , even though it was all off. I bought a new battery and for a week everything was perfect. Now it has started again with things like mentioned above and no key detected and its dinging like the lights are on but their off. I have not done anything different than i always have since day one. The alternator is charging properly according to a meter. I dont know anything it could be but i paid cash for this car and it needs to get me around without any fear of it stranding me. It is still under warranty so come Monday its going back to the dealership. I still love it but i have no idea of what it could be. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and God Bless.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Peter

I had similar issue with my 17 limited today. Was getting lane keeping malfunction upon starting and it was just sluggish to start. Then this evening wouldn't start at all unless I turned the headlights off. New battery and seems to be better. While I don't have anything to offer, I certainly hope I don't have this issue again. I will be watching this post though.

I hope this is where i need to post this issue. My 2018 Explorer Limited is having some issues. Last week i noticed that it was not starting as crisp as it normally does. It did start but on my way into town the display gauges were acting up. Distance to empty was actually counting up to the right distance vs displaying it right away. Well. after i got home i parked it like always. The next morning it would not start and it was saying "full power acc on" , see owners manual , even though it was all off. I bought a new battery and for a week everything was perfect. Now it has started again with things like mentioned above and no key detected and its dinging like the lights are on but their off. I have not done anything different than i always have since day one. The alternator is charging properly according to a meter. I dont know anything it could be but i paid cash for this car and it needs to get me around without any fear of it stranding me. It is still under warranty so come Monday its going back to the dealership. I still love it but i have no idea of what it could be. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and God Bless.
Just curious ... do know what the problem was?

Just curious ... do know what the problem was?
FYI, the member was last seen here on August 28, 2020. Hopefully he is still around.

Peter

Back