• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer Puddle Lights

mrnavy2

Reaction score
City, State
Central New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Do the 2018 Explorer Come With LED Puddle light bulds or are they just the regular light bulds?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since there is no listing for them in the Manual, I think you're going to have to make the call. If they are super white/bright then I'd guess LED. If not, then likely a regular bulb like the previous model years.

Peter

Just went out to the garage and looked at my Explorer's puddle lights. They appear to have incandescent bulbs -- same as my 2016 Explorer.

BTW, the 2018 continues to use incandescent bulbs for both front and rear turn signals and license-plate lamps. The only new exterior LED lighting for 2018 is the high-beam headlights.

If you're looking to swap the puddle lamps for LEDs, I highly recommend the ones from daytimebrightlites.com. Just takes a moment to replace and they perform really well both in terms of color and lumens. It's been over a year since I installed them with no problems at all. They did include LEDs to replace the license plate bulbs as well, but I found that they flickered and were no good.

I did mine on my 13Explorer myself. Very simple to replace the buld also if u know what u are doing.
Thanks everyone for the infomation. Very good help on this Fourm.

If you're looking to swap the puddle lamps for LEDs, I highly recommend the ones from daytimebrightlites.com. Just takes a moment to replace and they perform really well both in terms of color and lumens. It's been over a year since I installed them with no problems at all. They did include LEDs to replace the license plate bulbs as well, but I found that they flickered and were no good.

Completely agree and Dan with daytimebrightlites.com stands behind his product as well!

Back