• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2018 Explorer Sport Order

sandy peterman

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
  1. We ordered our new Explorer toward the end of January....just was told today we are looking at mid-May. We do have a VIN# now. Is that a good sign? When we ordered our 2013, we had it pretty quickly. What are the delays with the 2018? We usually pay cash for a car (use home equity), but this time wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing offered by Ford. Hopefully they will honor it, as I think the offer has expired.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Sandy.:wave:
I don't know why the long wait between the order and expected delivery if that was what the mid May timeframe is. The usual time given seems to be 8 - 10 weeks. The 2013 was a model year. It could have something to do with dealer allocation but that's just a guess. Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me?

Peter

dkean

Reaction score
City, State
south Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT 3.5 V6
  1. We ordered our new Explorer toward the end of January....just was told today we are looking at mid-May. We do have a VIN# now. Is that a good sign? When we ordered our 2013, we had it pretty quickly. What are the delays with the 2018? We usually pay cash for a car (use home equity), but this time wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing offered by Ford. Hopefully they will honor it, as I think the offer has expired.
Sandy, You can enter your Vin Number on this site. I just noticed that you are in canada. I don't know if it will track it. Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Mike, the "Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me? in my post that you quoted, wasn't a question I was asking. It is a link explaining it.:)

Peter​

MikeAZ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Mike, the "Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me? in my post that you quoted, wasn't a question I was asking. It is a link explaining it.:)

Peter​

Sorry about that!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

sandy peterman

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Finally in production...delivery mid-May.