• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer Sport Order

sandy peterman

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
  1. We ordered our new Explorer toward the end of January....just was told today we are looking at mid-May. We do have a VIN# now. Is that a good sign? When we ordered our 2013, we had it pretty quickly. What are the delays with the 2018? We usually pay cash for a car (use home equity), but this time wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing offered by Ford. Hopefully they will honor it, as I think the offer has expired.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Sandy.:wave:
I don't know why the long wait between the order and expected delivery if that was what the mid May timeframe is. The usual time given seems to be 8 - 10 weeks. The 2013 was a model year. It could have something to do with dealer allocation but that's just a guess. Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me?

Peter

1. We ordered our new Explorer toward the end of January....just was told today we are looking at mid-May. We do have a VIN# now. Is that a good sign? When we ordered our 2013, we had it pretty quickly. What are the delays with the 2018? We usually pay cash for a car (use home equity), but this time wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing offered by Ford. Hopefully they will honor it, as I think the offer has expired.
Sandy, You can enter your Vin Number on this site. I just noticed that you are in canada. I don't know if it will track it. Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

Mike, the "Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me? in my post that you quoted, wasn't a question I was asking. It is a link explaining it.:)

Peter​

Mike, the "Can someone explain "dealer allocation" to me? in my post that you quoted, wasn't a question I was asking. It is a link explaining it.:)

Peter​

Sorry about that!

Finally in production...delivery mid-May.

Back