• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2018 Ford Explorer XLT horn issue

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, i got into my explorer this morning for the first time in a few days and noticed the horn sounded different. It sounds weaker and more high pitched. Anyone know what it is and how to fix it? It rained a lot yesterday. I drove it for a while to see if it would go away in case it was wet. I was looking to see where it is located but its hard to see if anything is unplugged. Doesnt look like anyone broke into the front of my car or anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

AdamWest436

Faux Sport
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio East
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, i got into my explorer this morning for the first time in a few days and noticed the horn sounded different. It sounds weaker and more high pitched. Anyone know what it is and how to fix it? It rained a lot yesterday. I drove it for a while to see if it would go away in case it was wet. I was looking to see where it is located but its hard to see if anything is unplugged. Doesnt look like anyone broke into the front of my car or anything.
The horn is in the area of the hood latch by the grille. Have someone else blow it while you are standing there. Mine hasn't had any issues with water and I did lots of water and snow on stock single tone 19 horn and dual 18 and under years horns.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Here is a picture of the 2017 location right by the hood latch. Not much to see in a wiring sense. It could be one of your horns stopped working or became disconnected.

Peter

DSCN0013.JPG

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Here is a picture of the 2017 location right by the hood latch. Not much to see in a wiring sense. It could be one of your horns stopped working or became disconnected.

Peter
Which one is which? How can i tell if it got disconnected?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Which one is which? How can i tell if it got disconnected?
I really have no idea. I guess the only way to find out is to have someone sound the horn while you stand in front. Perhaps you can tell by feeling for vibrations of each one
:dunno:
Peter