2018 Ford Explorer XLT White Platinum Sport Appearance Package mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Ford Explorer XLT White Platinum Sport Appearance Package mods

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi All,

The only mods I put on weathertech visors and soft white license plate lights. I really want front tints but here in NYC they are thirsty to give out tickets and also won't pass your inspection if you have them on the front even if you're car is perfectly fine. Maybe I will get cross bars. I picked the Explorer up around Presidents Day and so far I've taken trips to Toronto, Niagra Falls, Washington DC, and Florida. Put on some miles but it has been everything I've asked for. I was thinking of putting a light tint on the tail lights kinds of like the sport without having to swap them out for the expensive sport tail lights. Any suggestions on mods?

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

explorer 4.jpg

explorer3.jpg

explorer4.jpg

explorer 6.jpg

explorer 7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good looking vehicle!

There are a few threads in the 'Modified" subforum that asked the same question on what 'mods' to perform. Use the 'Seach' feature to find them. Or you can browse the threads there. I would also advise that you read the Warranty Guide that came with the vehicle so that you at least know about what will possibly void the warranty.
Nice colour choice.:thumbsup:

Peter

Try adding the black or charcoal door handles to complete the sport look. My 18 sport has the black handles, mirror caps, and trim pieces from the factory.

Try adding the black or charcoal door handles to complete the sport look. My 18 sport has the black handles, mirror caps, and trim pieces from the factory.
I have the sport appearance package, and the one thing I dislike about the sport, is the black handles. But what do I know? I am envious of the darkened taillights though.

I'm not a fan either, I'm contemplating changing out my handles for the painted XLT ones and all the trim for the chrome limited stuff and painting my mirror caps. The black out look just doesn't look right on my color.

20181230_142721.jpg

201812231631.jpg

I'm not a fan either, I'm contemplating changing out my handles for the painted XLT ones and all the trim for the chrome limited stuff and painting my mirror caps. The black out look just doesn't look right on my color.

View attachment 166099

View attachment 166100
Oh, no! Don't do that! The blackout on the blue looks awesome! I just dislike the black handles. Love that color! Was my 1st choice, but my next choice, was too good of a deal to pass on. I also think the sport should have come with the sport appearance rims...they are nicer imo.
Beautiful truck you have.
IMG_20181207_191033.jpg

I don't mind the wheels, but when I get the funds, I want these

edge sport 22.jpg

They are from the 12-14 edge sport and are a 22" wheel from the factory and will fit our 5th gen explorers. I also want to lower it to complete the look.

As much as I dislike black, I have to admit that I think black door handled would complement that Explorer.

Peter

Nice looking the truck!

I just noticed the little black touch pad on the handles, that must be new for 2018?

Nice looking the truck!

I just noticed the little black touchpad on the handles, that must be new for 2018?
From the 2018 Order Guide under Standard Equipment for XLT;

"Intelligent Access with Push Button Start"

Peter

I didnt really like the black door handles on the white explorer. Makes it kind of look like the basic model IMO. I kinda like the chrome handles on a white explorer except for the sport package which i think the Body colored ones look better. That silver and blue explorer look really nice guys. And yes i agree it would’ve been nice if those 20” rims from the sport appearance package came with the actual sport model or as an option from build. The ford website described the sport appearance package on the website as having darkened rims and everything else you see but they made a mistake and put “darkened headlamps”. The edge sport appearance package does it with the tail lights and headlights but the explorer doesnt. I do wish the headlights were the same as the sport.

Back