2018 Platinum Extended Cargo Cover? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

2018 Platinum Extended Cargo Cover?

Eirerogue

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
I have a 2018 Platinum with 2nd row bucket seats. Is anyone aware of an aftermarket cover I could place OVER the folded buckets to extend the flat cargo area? Need the space for some large dogs!! Appreciate any advice!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You would need something very sturdy if you don't have the 2nd row console. I, or rather one of my dogs, found that out a while ago. I have a second cargo liner that I kept from a previous MKT and find it very useful in covering the folded seats when I'm loading yard waste etc. One day while I had that cover pushed up and in place one of the dogs walked over the area where there is a space between the buckets and the cover sunk in along with the dog. I don't have the 2nd row console so there was no support in that area. Here is a post that shows what one member used. If you contact the manufacturer perhaps they might have something similar for the bucket seats. I know there are other pictures here as well. Good luck. My New Explorer

Peter

Grok

Reaction score
City, State
JACKSONVILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Plywood and a jigsaw? Then cover with appropriately tough/thick rubber and finally a rugged washable fabric. I'm curious what solution you come to. I have an 80 lbs American Bulldog, but only one, so he gets the entire cargo area full time. We haven't seen the 3rd-row seats since right after purchase.

Michael W

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
18 Explorer Platinum
I bought 4 doormats at Home Depot. I keep them in the area behind the 3rd row until I need them (like when I am Home Depot getting mulch and flower bed stones. I then remove them, lower the seats to a flat position and lay them out.