2019-2020 Explorer spotted? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019-2020 Explorer spotted?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks virtually identical to the current ones.

Could be the '18. It's more likely.

I'd put money on that being the 2018. The taillights that shone through the camo looked dead on for the current generation.

Roman didn't get the find he thought he did. That being said, the camo up in Colorado? Have to wonder if it's got a new powertrain for 2019+ even if we're looking at old sheetmetal (come on 2.7 in Explorer...)

I would say 18...looks almost identical

Hahaha they thought possibly an Excursion.

I don't know though, I think it could be the next gen Ex. The shell might look like the current gen, but everything underneath it could be brand spankin new! who knows

Yeah, I would wonder why they need to camouflage a current 2018 model if they already released pictures of it. Maybe it's the Explorer testing on a new D6 platform that is capable of FWD, AWD, and RWD. I really hope it's a RWD because FWD has been a power limiting factor for the current lineup since day 1.

How many times are they going to change the foglights? Ford is getting a little silly about their updates in my opinion.

How many times are they going to change the foglights? Ford is getting a little silly about their updates in my opinion.
Some manufacturers including high end ones are doing away with fogs altogether.

Yeah, I would wonder why they need to camouflage a current 2018 model if they already released pictures of it. Maybe it's the Explorer testing on a new D6 platform that is capable of FWD, AWD, and RWD. I really hope it's a RWD because FWD has been a power limiting factor for the current lineup since day 1.

Agreed...want RWD

Back