Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
Ford will offer up to a $2000 discount on in stock 2019 Explorers that were on the dealer's lot at least 61 days prior to the start of the sale. In other words, they are trying to clear inventory.
Ford Discounts Explorer By $2,000 In March 2019

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have had $4,000 rebates running on them till april 1st if you can get one to pop up.

Screenshot_20190224-105303_Chrome.jpg

Is "non-stackable" just Ford speak for "cannot be combined w/other offers?" Including a-plan, I presume?

are the lease residuals low for sports? ive been getting some lease and purchase quotes and lease payments dont seem as attractive as they should be. found some nice loaded 2018s at some big discounts (10-11k off msrp) but they dont qualify for special financing so that kind of offsets the discounts. then looked at leasing 2019s and not much difference in payment from a purchase. puzzling.

The residuals on this car are garbage in general--as much as I hate to say that.

If you're looking for bang-for-the-buck, look for something lightly used. If you want bonkers fun for the money and don't mind paying the premium, wait for the 2020 ST.

The residuals on this car are garbage in general--as much as I hate to say that.

If you're looking for bang-for-the-buck, look for something lightly used. If you want bonkers fun for the money and don't mind paying the premium, wait for the 2020 ST.

yeah, have my eyes on the 2020 but prob get something for a couple years and wait for kinks to be worked out on new version.

on a new 2018 purchase loaded they are 10-11k off msrp and with 3.5% outside financing its about the same payment as a lease! i need ford to do some 0% 72 months on 18s or 19s.

are the lease residuals low for sports? ive been getting some lease and purchase quotes and lease payments dont seem as attractive as they should be. found some nice loaded 2018s at some big discounts (10-11k off msrp) but they dont qualify for special financing so that kind of offsets the discounts. then looked at leasing 2019s and not much difference in payment from a purchase. puzzling.
Ford financing is currently 1.9% for 72 months + $1000 cash. For some reason, unlike the Canadian Ford site, the U.S. site doesn't show the leasing rate. I've leased my last 6 vehicles for 48 months with the exception of the 36 months on the 2014 MKT. My 2020 will also be a lease.
The residual is greatly affected by the annual mileage you choose on a lease.

Peter

Ford financing is currently 1.9% for 72 months + $1000 cash. For some reason, unlike the Canadian Ford site, the U.S. site doesn't show the leasing rate. I've leased my last 6 vehicles for 48 months with the exception of the 36 months on the 2014 MKT. My 2020 will also be a lease.

Peter

im trying to get payment down to 600ish for lease or purchase w/ minimal down. it can be done if they offered the 1.9 on the new 2018 low prices, but so far no luck. higher price 2019s at the 1.9 put pyments high 600s to 700. lease is possible for 2019s if i can get their money factor down and change my miles from 15 to 13.5k/yr

You can reduce the interest rate on a lease by up to 1.5% by putting down multiple refundable security deposits. I've used that a few times. At the end of the lease you get the deposit back. Unfortunately you don't get interest on the deposit but do save on interest paid on the lease.

Peter

Peter
Hopefully you're going to lease the 2020 Explorer ST, as I call dibs to buy it out after ;)

yeah the 2020 ST looks awesome, i'll have to wait a couple years on that one though.
I have faith that simply switching to a longitudinal engine will solve a lot of problems.

Hopefully you're going to lease the 2020 Explorer ST, as I call dibs to buy it out after ;)
Sorry. Looking at the Platinum right now but depending on the prices here, things can change.:)

Peter

Back