2019 Explorer Sport Tune

demetriusrh

Reaction score
City, State
Teaneck
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Hello everyone,
I recently installed an 87 octane performance tune in my 2019 Explorer Sport. Since then I noticed my electric fan running on a higher speed than usual. Is this normal and safe ?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The only reason I could see why the cooling fans are running at a higher speed would be that perhaps the engine is hotter. Did you also change the thermostat when you installed the tune?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The only reason I could see why the cooling fans are running at a higher speed would be that perhaps the engine is hotter. Did you also change the thermostat when you installed the tune?

Peter
Thanks Peter I'm going to install a 160 or 170 to see if that fixes the problem. I want to resolve this problem before installing my 93 Performance tune.

Thanks Peter I'm going to install a 160 or 170 to see if that fixes the problem. I want to resolve this problem before installing my 93 Performance tune.
I think 170 is the one most go with. If you want more info, go to the 'Search' feature at the top right and enter the word thermostat and do the search 'In this forum'. You will find several threads on the topic.

Peter

You really should buy an OBD2 dongle that pairs to your phone. Then download an app like Torque to monitor the PIDs including coolant temp, fan speed etc . Having a tuned car without monitoring/data logging is dangerous 😂😂

When the fans are running higher speed, is that during/after normal driving, idling, beating on it?

I also agree with mguy13sport, get something so you can monitor sensors...specifically the engine coolant temp sensor (not the dash gauge).

I think 170 is the one most go with. If you want more info, go to the 'Search' feature at the top right and enter the word thermostat and do the search 'In this forum'. You will find several threads on the topic.

Peter
Thanks again. It looks like the 170 is preferred over the 160 even at the performance store.

You really should buy an OBD2 dongle that pairs to your phone. Then download an app like Torque to monitor the PIDs including coolant temp, fan speed etc . Having a tuned car without monitoring/data logging is dangerous 😂😂
Thanks for the input. This is all new to me. I will look into that as well.

Thank you

Contact your tuner, or the OTS tune provider before you change your thermostat, its probably just what decipha said.

Back