• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2019 explorer, thoughts, hopes?

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
I've been looking at Explorer's hardcore for the past few months here in Wisconsin. Probably been to dealerships 10 times and have done countless hours of research. I virtually never see any 2WD Explorer's here in WI. If it's not 100% 4WD it's 95%+.

I'm driving a Chevy Trailblazer which is rear wheel drive. With a turn of the knob I'm in A4WD or full time 4WD. I can't imagine anyone would pass on a SUV with 4WD because it was first RWD. I don't see it any different than a truck. If you live in Texas and feel like RWD/2WD is enough, so be it, if you want/need 4WD because you live in snow, you get it. Simple. And a non-issue.
I have no problem with RWD bias. It’s what I’m currently driving...... If I had to pick between front and rear drive ONLY, and it wasn’t a fair weather sports car, I’d pick FWD every time, as will most people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I still don’t see it happening. The entire Explorer line will be AWD? Doubtful. Would be a terrible move. It’d price them out of a portion of the market, and hurt their precious fleet MPG ratings.

All info I have is RWD CD6 Platform for the 2020 model. It will still be unibody though.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I think we're beginning to combine posts for the 2020 Explorer with this thread on the 2019.

Peter