2019 Explorer XLT without exhaust tips | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer XLT without exhaust tips

As many automakers are doing, hidden/fake look for exhaust tips/outlets etc.... to show for "sporty look" is in higher trims and honestly it's goofy and I would think extra cost for Ford on lower models to have the different bumpers/tips. I bet that the bumper is cheaper than exhaust tips over the thousands of copies and encourages higher per transaction for the better look for many customers. Interesting this is a last year MY19 running change.....

If you will check on the main website of ford.com you can see that only Base model come with hidden tips and XLT model and above come with chrome exhaust tips.
I have a suspicion that Ford trying to sell a Base model with upgrades, as XLT model 2019 before they going to produce the new Explorer 2020.
The point is that I didn't find any of XLT model 2018 or less with the hidden exhaust tips. Only Base model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

XLT has had the tips since day one...WTF would they remove them the last year??? Thats dumb.

If you will check on the main website of ford.com you can see that only Base model come with hidden tips and XLT model and above come with chrome exhaust tips.
I have a suspicion that Ford trying to sell a Base model with upgrades, as XLT model 2019 before they going to produce the new
Explorer 2020.
The point is that I didn't find any of XLT model 2018 or less with the hidden exhaust tips. Only Base model.

At this point you need to hash this out with your dealer. No one from here is going to solve the issue for you.

I suspect you are going to be SOL as you purchased the vehicle like it sits and signed paperwork stating such.

Something interesting I found.

According to the Ford US site, the Base model includes chrome exhaust tips as standard.
The XLT doesn't specifically state that in standard features, but it does say the XLT includes Base features + other features. Don't if that includes exhaust tips

Something interesting I found.

According to the Ford US site, the Base model includes chrome exhaust tips as standard.
The XLT doesn't specifically state that in standard features, but it does say the XLT includes Base features + other features. Don't if that includes exhaust tips

Strange, I've seen on Ford US website, the Base model by default come with hidden exhaust.

Sounds to me like someone working for the Ford and trying to cover their ass.
Did you read my question? I asked why Ford selling the Explore XLT model 2019 with hidden exhaust tips.

BTW I am not looking for how to push back my car to the dealer.

LOL, sure I work for Ford.....

I actually work for the biggest towboat manufacturer in the world.

You have already been told what everyone here knows about the tips. You keep coming back with you can't understand why. No one here can tell you why.

Like I said earlier (when I was trying to cover my Ford employed ass) you need to hash it out with your dealer or Ford directly. No one here is going to be able to give you an answer that you will accept.

XLT has had the tips since day one...WTF would they remove them the last year??? Thats dumb.

They didn't remove them, on the models Limited, Sport and Platinum the still have exhaust tips, but somehow only on XLT 2019(not all of them), they removed them.

I have the update from Ford Canada:
"We have taken our time to ensure the information provided to you was correct. I do regret that your vehicle is not supposed to be equipped with chrome tips. I understand that you have found photos stating otherwise, I wish there was more we can do but they are not available on your model of Explorer."

LOL, On my Ford Explorer 2019 XLT with the package 202A, does not include chrome exhaust tips. It's just absurd.
Thanks for everyone.

Like I said, only Ford could have answered your question.

Did you go to Ford etis site? If you check some vin's you will likely find only the base and xlt with the appearance package call out the chrome tips. Without appearance package it does not call out chrome tips. At least that is what I saw after the mention of xlts with hidden tips and running a few vins.

No idea when or why they changed things. As with everything, check your disclaimers and fine print on the website and/or printed materials.

LOL, sure I work for Ford.....

I actually work for the biggest towboat manufacturer in the world.

You have already been told what everyone here knows about the tips. You keep coming back with you can't understand why. No one here can tell you why.

Like I said earlier (when I was trying to cover my Ford employed ass) you need to hash it out with your dealer or Ford directly. No one here is going to be able to give you an answer that you will accept.

Why do you speak for all the people in this forum? Who gave you this authority?
I read your answer where you recommend me to check this with the dealer. Thank you and "good luck".

Did you go to Ford etis site? If you check some vin's you will likely find only the base and xlt with the appearance package call out the chrome tips. Without appearance package it does not call out chrome tips. At least that is what I saw after the mention of xlts with hidden tips and running a few vins.

No idea when or why they changed things. As with everything, check your disclaimers and fine print on the website and/or printed materials.

Did you check 2018 or 2019?

Although I haven't seen what the turned down pipes look like, I'm willing to stand by my post #19 as the reason. It is clear you are not going to get them from Ford. If you really want them, shuffle on down to your local Canadian Tire or auto supply store and buy a pair. Just be careful when backing up because they are liable to catch on something.

Peter

They didn't remove them, on the models Limited, Sport and Platinum the still have exhaust tips, but somehow only on XLT 2019(not all of them), they removed them.
They did remove them from the xlt....again....had them from day
I have the update from Ford Canada:
"We have taken our time to ensure the information provided to you was correct. I do regret that your vehicle is not supposed to be equipped with chrome tips. I understand that you have found photos stating otherwise, I wish there was more we can do but they are not available on your model of Explorer."

LOL, On my Ford Explorer 2019 XLT with the package 202A, does not include chrome exhaust tips. It's just absurd.
Thanks for everyone.
That's just plain stupid. Ford REALLY f'd up. I actually just came from my dealer....guess what? Most xlt's have no tips!

Carbon monoxide fumes perhaps, a new way to avoid CO complaints in the vehicle?

That was my first thought too, because that's actually the second stage in the recall - if resealing the lift gate and reprogramming the HVAC doesn't work, they'll turn the exhausts downwards.

I know this was just a guess, but if that was the case, then you'd think ALL trim levels would have them turned down.

Peter

Well, in my theory all the cheaper models that could easily be changed to this 'down turned' exhaust probably were changed, they will get that many less complaints. A piecemeal fix for the CO problem. :rolleyes:

Did you check 2018 or 2019?
I looked up a few 19's on dealer websites and saw what you saw - XLT in FWD and AWD with and without chrome tips. In ETIS, the ones with chrome tips all looked like they had the appearance pkg and those with turn down tips didn't have the appearance pkg. I didn't look at any 18s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford.com says dual chrome exhaust tips are standard on Explorer, XLT, and Limited. This is listed under Models & Specs / Base / Exterior Features. Under Sport it says quad chrome exhaust tips are standard on Sport and Platinum.

There is nothing that says anything about turned down exhaust, or tips only being available on certain appearance packages.

Edit: looking at the a local dealer website the 3 base Explorers all had turned down exhaust. All the XLT's without the sport appearance package had turned down exhaust (I did not look to see if any had the other appearance package). The XLT's with the sport appearance package and the Limited's had dual chrome tips. The Sports and Platinums had quad tips.

Back